TemperatureWebPanel example with a smartphone.

Hi,

I'm trying to establish a communication between my smartphone and the url linino.local/TemperatureWebPanel . Unfortunatly, it's impossible to make a link, l lose the bridge from my phone. Anyone has any idea?

My mobilephone get an Android OS.

Regards,

Stephane

Finally I found what was wrong. the IP adress changed that's why. linino.local is not recognized by the smartphone's explorer.

My understanding is that Android does not understand the .local addresses, and that you always have to use the IP address. Or at least that was the situation a year or so ago when I last researched it.

Are you saying that you've found a way to get the .local name to work on your Android phone?

Since July 9, 2012 - Jelly Bean, Android is built in NSD service, understand the .local addresses.

Android release table:

Jelly Bean 4.1–4.3.1 July 9, 2012
KitKat 4.4 October 31, 2013
Lollipop 5.0–5.1.1 November 12, 2014
Marshmallow 6.0–6.0.1 October 5, 2015

the new ip adress of arduino followed with "/sd/TemperatureWebPanel" allows to connect my mobile phone.

sonnyyu:
Since July 9, 2012 - Jelly Bean, Android is built in NSD service, understand the .local addresses.

Android release table:

Jelly Bean 4.1–4.3.1 July 9, 2012
KitKat 4.4 October 31, 2013
Lollipop 5.0–5.1.1 November 12, 2014
Marshmallow 6.0–6.0.1 October 5, 2015

Claification on what SunnyYu has said
He can correct me if I am not correct.

NSD is available to Android since API Level 16 However, this is the service for developement. To my knowledge and research, this is not a service available to mobile devices without special software.

Google: Android built-in NSD service

Jesse

jessemonroy650:
To my knowledge and research, this is not a service available to mobile devices without special software.

That is my understanding as well, based on my limited research (I do not have an Android device, and am not an Android developer.) My understanding is that these are discovery features you can add to an app you are developing, so that it can use mDNS to discover services being offered by other apps. But it does not appear to support looking for devices using .local names without adding such support to an app? (The standard web browser does not appear to have this support?)

Last year, using another device, not a Yun, I was able to set up mDNS on the device and access the device using a .local name on a computer browser, or an iOS browser, but not with a colleague's Android device. The only way we could reach the device from Android was by using the IP address.

Sonnyyu, are you saying that you can use your Android device to access your Yun's web interface by simply typing the .local address into the web browser address bar of the Android device? If so, you are the first one to report this (or at least the first report that I've seen.) If that's the case, my project manager would be very happy to hear how it's done, as we have not been able to accomplish it.

ensea2017:
the new ip address of arduino followed with "/sd/TemperatureWebPanel" allows to connect my mobile phone.

So you are using the numeric IP address, and not the .local name of the Yun? The need to do that would be consistent with my limited experiences with Android devices.

ShapeShifter:
Sonnyyu, are you saying that you can use your Android device to access your Yun's web interface by simply typing the .local address into the web browser address bar of the Android device? If so, you are the first one to report this (or at least the first report that I've seen.) If that's the case, my project manager would be very happy to hear how it's done, as we have not been able to accomplish it.

sonnyyu:
Sometime you will have difficulty to access Arduino via "http://arduino.local/" even Arduino is working fine at ip address. in other word you could access Arduino via http://ipaddressofarduino/. To find out ipaddress of arduino:

Using android phone/pad via play store download application Bonjour Browser. It will give you Arduino IP address.

The day one I got Yun, I start to test it with Android, Windows , Linux. I know it will work with Apple so no bother.

sonnyyu:
Using android phone/pad via play store download application Bonjour Browser. It will give you Arduino IP address.

So are you saying that typing the name into the browser address bar does not work (which would align with my experiences) but you can use a "Bonjour Browser" app to look up the address, then manually use that address in the browser? If so, that would seem to confirm that the NSD services are something that can be built into an app, but are indeed not part of the core Android abilities? What a curious (and annoying) limitation.

ensea2017:
Hi,

I'm trying to establish a communication between my smartphone and the url linino.local/TemperatureWebPanel . Unfortunatly, it's impossible to make a link, l lose the bridge from my phone. Anyone has any idea?

My mobilephone get an Android OS.

Regards,

Stephane

@ensea2017,
I use Phonegap to make my mobile app for my smartphone. Do you think you might use phonegap?
I have a solution for you.

Jesse

I found the right url. Thanks.

Okay. Best of Luck.