TFT-2.8 I need 2 Interrupt pins

Hello all, I have one of these boards/shields and it is working fine saddled on to a Uno. But I need 2 Interrupt pins for my project and this thing seems to hog all the pins. That makes little sense on the Uno, but on a Mega I guess it is not an issue.

Anyway, I do not have the physical room to fit a Mega in, but I do not need the SD card access. I read elsewhere that I could cut off pins 10, 11, 12 and 13 and not use the SD-Library.

Rather than cutting the pins off, can I just solder two wires to the 10 and 11 pins on the underside of the Uno for my Interrupt use?

Thanks.

Rather than cutting the pins off, can I just solder two wires to the 10 and 11 pins on the underside of the Uno for my Interrupt use?

Yes providing that those signals pins are not used in the shield.

Don't have any specific advice. But suspect you are ready, for your next project, to graduate from Uno/Mega/shields to more flexible Arduinos and better ways of building circuits. Uno/Mega/shields are like a child's bicycle with stabilisers (training wheels). You can't do many "tricks" with those attached. ;D

Grumpy_Mike:
Yes providing that those signals pins are not used in the shield.

Thanks, they are marked on the underside of the TFT board as SDxx, I will not be using the SD library, so hopefully it will work then.

You need to check the schematic to see if they are connected to any hardware or just the SD connector. Be aware that SD cards run off 3V3 so there is sometimes some level converting circuitry attached to these.

If it has then you should cut the tracks on the PCB leading from them.

OK, thanks again Mike, I do not want to cut anything (tracks or pins) in case I wanted use the display on something different at a later date. The pins plug right into the Uno so would assume they are 5v.

I soldered to the underside of the Uno and did not use the SD-Library and it all seems to working just fine.

OK glad it works. If you cut a track you can always replace it with a wire going between the component soldered points each end of the track. I used to do that all the time when I was in the world of work.