TFT 9341 randomly stops working with Mega 2560

Hello guys!

I recently purchased a 3,2'' TFT_320QDT_9341 display with this shield and wanted to use the Touchscreen function. I am using an Arduino Mega 2560 and am using RinkyDinks' libraries UTFT and URTouch.

In the URTouch folder there is a demo program showing the touchscreen functionality, but it only works 50% of the time. Its not on the programme though, since this is happening every time I try to use the touchscreen. I tried everything, from checking for connectivity issues to reading the documentation, but nothing seemed to work.

What you can see here is that when using the standard URTouch example "QuickDraw" without any modifications. This should work as I am using a Standard shield and the standard Mega2560.
Here is a video of the issue: https://youtu.be/jZO0pRWn7xE
The clicking noise is the restart button, as you can see nothing changes in between the different tries.

I even found this thread here in the forum, but my issue still persists.

Do you have any idea on how I can fix this?

Best wishes,
themoe

Please edit your links. They have an extraneous //http at the front.

I suggest that you run all the UTFT library examples. Do any crash ? Quote the example by name.
I suggest that you run URTouch examples. Any problem? Quote the example by name.

Seriously. We have no idea what code you are running. Or what you have connected to the reset switch.

It is also wise to test your links when you post a message.

David.

You might also include a schematic, not a frizzy drawing. Be sure it shows all of the power and ground connections. Explain your testing and what the expected results are. It can be fixed but it will take a lot of work on your part. you state it randomly stops working but you also state it does not work which is it?

david_prentice:
Please edit your links. They have an extraneous //http at the front.

I suggest that you run all the UTFT library examples. Do any crash ? Quote the example by name.
I suggest that you run URTouch examples. Any problem? Quote the example by name.

Seriously. We have no idea what code you are running. Or what you have connected to the reset switch.

It is also wise to test your links when you post a message.

David.

Thanks for pointing it out with the links :slight_smile:

The standard UTFT examples all work fine.
The URTouch example "QuickDraw" was used for the video without any modification, which shows the strange behavior of my TFT screen.

The reset switch is just the standard button on every arduino to restart the program. There is nothing else going on in my test as I wanted to keep it simple and show the problem as clearly as possible.

gilshultz:
You might also include a schematic, not a frizzy drawing. Be sure it shows all of the power and ground connections. Explain your testing and what the expected results are. It can be fixed but it will take a lot of work on your part. you state it randomly stops working but you also state it does not work which is it?

The schematic is just the Arduino, the specified shield and the specified TFT. There is nothing else going on here and the pins all seem good.

This topic was automatically closed after 45 days. New replies are no longer allowed.