TFT Flicker, glitch and character problems

I have this code for monitoring the levels of batteries and a display that shows voltages, including total voltage, lowest and highest cell which has some issues.

When booted the tft display will show a lovely logo from an SD card as instructed, it will then draw all the lines and numbers, including the bar graph for total voltage. After about 2 seconds of running, the digits will start to glitch and write over one another or be upside down etc…

Any idea what is causing this?

Also, not anymore, but a while ago the display would sometimes not work and show a greyish snowy background with lines horizontally across it and not display anything, the serial monitor would also get stuck, any ideas would be nice but this is secondary as it seems to have stopped? :roll_eyes:

Thanks in advance!

Using official Arduino tft display with SD slot, official Arduino Mega 2560 ADK and MUX Shield II

Which hardware you are using is less than half the total story.......... The Hardware is unlikely to be faulty, the programmer on the other hand...... :grin:

Regards,

Graham

Hahaha, good, not me.

I didn't program it but had to pick up what was left and make it work. Program is limping along but perhaps it would of been more helpful to tell me how the program can cause this issue? :D

BillyJ: After about 2 seconds of running, the digits will start to glitch and write over one another or be upside down etc...

Any idea what is causing this?

Also, not anymore, but a while ago the display would sometimes not work and show a greyish snowy background with lines horizontally across it and not display anything, the serial monitor would also get stuck, any ideas would be nice but this is secondary as it seems to have stopped? :roll_eyes:

In the absence of seeing whatever code is so secret, it is hard to say, but the symptoms you describe sound like memory related issues.

Regards,

Graham

Awesome, thanks!

So is the lazy solution to run it on an Arduino with more memory?

Other than that, what are typical ways to reduce memory load on an Arduino?

In the absence of any specific code, it is unlikely you will get any more help than I have already given you.

We can all crystal ball gaze and guess what your problems might be, but that is a waste of everyone’s time.

Best wishes,

Graham

PS. This is my 500th post YIPPPPPEEEEE :grin: