TFTP problem with Nick Gammon bootloader on mega 2560

Hi all, i hope i'll have some help, it would be very kind of you.
i' have problems with Nick Gammon's TFTP bootloader. The TFTP within this bootloader server does not seem to work at all.
i burnt the bootloader on my mega 2560 with Nick'smethod using a Uno as a programmer.
First I downloaded Ariadne board and installed it in the board manager, then in the board list, i've selected "Arduino Mega 2560" just below "Ariadne booloader" section. I installed the Atmega board programmer sketch from Nick's website and launched though the monitor the "G" hint that erased and installed the bootloader correctly without errors.
The Readnetwork shows the IP settings 192.168.1.128 etc...
What seems weird is that at first it was impossible to ping this IP inside the 192.168.1.0 network, the only way to ping it was to use other sketches in Ariadne library, first the WriteNet sketch to write in the EEpom the same Ip settings than the bootoaoder and after that i had to launch a ResetServer sketch also avalaible in the library that seems to synchronize both Ip settings in the bootloader and the EEprom. At that moment it's been possible to ping the Ip address...
I thought my troubles were finished but when trying to launch a blink file example (blink.bin) with a tftp client, i have permanent timeouts that make me think that the TFTP server does not seem to run. I tried two clients, the first one on a windows 10 computer and the second one on a linux machine. From this two computers i can't upload any file on the TFTP server.
I hope my problem is clear enough to get some advices.
Thank you all
Koal01

much faster and without troubles

Thank you Juraj for giving me an alternate solution.
I've downloaded the files but i don't see clearly how to burn the bootloader.
I can see the boards in the IDE and the sotfware programmer to select but a few important details are not mentionned like :

1-If we need a physical programmer ?
2-if specific sketch to burn the bootloader or do we have to use the "burn bootloader" menu in the IDE ?

Koal01

and how did you burn the Ariadne bootloader?

I see. you took the complicated way with SD card

To burn the mega with the Ariadne bootloader i tried to follow these instructions in this website :

It is said to burn a mega2560 we need to use Nick Gammon's method hitting the "G" key in the serial monitor.
Before doing this i did something not clearly explained since i selected the Arduino Ariadne mega 2560 in Tools > board manager. This step was achieved successfully.
I repeated this many times on two mega's but the TFTP server remain unavalaible, i can ping the Ip address.

Thank you

Koal01

I had the Ariadne bootloader working, but it is inconvenient.
I recommend my ArduinoOTA library with the my_boards hardware definitions.

I would like to suspend this post since things are changing in the good way.
Sometimes when explaining you see what is wrong...
I was actuallly burning with the serial monitor and it was wrong, i just had to use the menu Tool > burn bootloader.
Sorry for the mistake
Thank you for your help !

I used this .sh script as “programmer” to Upload from IDE over Ariadne

filename=${1##*/}
dirpath=${1%$filename}
binname=${filename%.hex}.bin 
echo $dirpath
cd $dirpath
set -x
$2/bin/avr-objcopy -I ihex $filename -O binary $binname
echo "R" | telnet 192.168.1.128 2323
tftp 192.168.1.128 69 << fin
  trace
  verbose
  mode octet
  put $binname
  quit
fin

Juraj,
Thank you for the script !
I'm already testing your program since its seems easier to use.
So i tried to burn the mega using your system.
Here what i did.
I select the board "Arduino Mega 2560 : (Optiboot)
I select the programmer "Arduino OTA protocol (192.168.1.10)
When i try to burn the bootloader here's the message error i get
avrdude: Can't find programmer id "{protocol}"

Do you know the reason of that ?

Thanks,
Koal01

koal01:
Juraj,
Thank you for the script !
I'm already testing your program since its seems easier to use.
So i tried to burn the mega using your system.
Here what i did.
I select the board "Arduino Mega 2560 : (Optiboot)
I select the programmer "Arduino OTA protocol (192.168.1.10)
When i try to burn the bootloader here's the message error i get
avrdude: Can't find programmer id "{protocol}"

Do you know the reason of that ?

Thanks,
Koal01

burn boorloader with "Arduino as ISP"
the OTA 'programmer' is for Sketch upload

ok it's burnt ! now how can i affect an Ip adress to the mega ?
Before uploading sketches we need to initialize these settings.
I tried the writeENetworkSettings sketch in the examples to write the settings in the EEprom but i can't ping the board even after resetting.

Thanks

Ariadne or ArduinoOTA?

with ArduinoOTA the library handles the update. see the examples of the library

I’m trying with Ariadne, in ArduinoOTA folders i don’t find a clear example of writing settings.
Sorry about that

koal01:
I'm trying with Ariadne, in ArduinoOTA folders i don't find a clear example of writing settings.
Sorry about that

ok. I don't remember the details of making the Ariadne bootloader work. maybe Per (@pert) can help you

Actually it's working with a dynamic IP, is there a possibility to set a fix IP ?
Second question I succeeded to upload a sketch through Arduino IDE,
selecting the progammer with the "dynamic" IP but after the upload the board is not recheable and the ping tests are lost...
What am i doing wrong ?

Congratulations for the nice job really ! when uploading by the network i could not help saying a Waouhhh !!!

Thank you
Koal01

koal01:
Actually it's working with a dynamic IP, is there a possibility to set a fix IP ?
Second question I succeeded to upload a sketch through Arduino IDE,
selecting the progammer with the "dynamic" IP but after the upload the board is not recheable and the ping tests are lost...
What am i doing wrong ?

Congratulations for the nice job really ! when uploading by the network i could not help saying a Waouhhh !!!

Thank you
Koal01

ArduinoOTA?

you must upload a sketch which includes ArduinoOTA

for the IP adrdess setting see the examples of the Ethernet library

and which bootloader has the Mega now?

Sorry i was confusing, everything seemed to work but actually it is working through usb.
So i connected the board to a another computer and remotely i can't upload, i can ping the address.
But when i try to upload arduino ide is looking for a COM port and it fails.
To do remote updates maybe we need to use another software than Arduino IDE

Using Port : COM6
Using Programmer : arduino
Overriding Baud Rate : 115200
avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "\.\COM6": Le fichier sp�cifi� est introuvable.

The mega is burnt with Arduino Optiboot Mega 2560 Optiboot.
For the current tests i'm not using Ariadne at all

I've been confused, i was uploading throught USB...sorry.
The board is now distant but when i upload a password is needed, i set password as it is mentionned in the file platform.txt but it is not accepted...
Is there another password ?

koal01:
I've been confused, i was uploading throught USB...sorry.
The board is now distant but when i upload a password is needed, i set password as it is mentionned in the file platform.txt but it is not accepted...
Is there another password ?

please copy here the messages from the IDE console