The Ardweeny

Hello Everybody!

Has anyone ever used the Ardweeny http://www.solarbotics.com/products/kardw/ it’s seems prety cool, and I just want to make sure that there were not any problems with compatability or something. If anyone has any good reviews of it, feel free to post it!! :slight_smile: Thanks guys.!

I hadn’t head of it before now; strange that Solarbotics hasn’t announced it here. I don’t see any reason that it shouldn’t work; solarbotics is pretty familiar with Arduino, having designed their own freeduino board.

Conceptually, I don’t know that I like soldering to the AVR package like that. Seems to be the worst of two worlds - all the fragility of a bare DIP and all the permanence of a fully soldered construction. But it certainly is cute!

And the name, Ardweeny, gets my vote for Arduino clone name of the year, just in time for a Ardy awards held early next year. Get your votes in early. :wink:

Lefty

I ordered 4 of them, an have confirmation that they are in the mail.

I saved on shipping so i won’t have them before the first week in the new year some time.

Will report back when i get them.

Soldered up the first Ardweeny tonight, iwas fairly easy, except for the two 14 pin header rows. The holes they go into seems to be a tad smalish, but with a bit of wiggling and some “moderate physical preassure” i got them in.

Of course (all) my mini USB cables have vanished from the surface of this planet so i cant fire it up until tomorrow.

Of course (all) my mini USB cables have vanished from the surface of this planet so i cant fire it up until tomorrow.

Yea, they have learned a trick from the missing matching sock from the dryer guys. Don’t worry, once you obtain a new cable the others will soon show up just to piss you off. :wink:

Now where in the hell did all my solder-wick rolls all disappear to?

Lefty

Ha! no cables can bring me down.

Just realized that my MP3 players short cable is perfect for the job.

So i just uploaded the notorious “Blink” sketch, using Sparkfuns FTDI break out thingie, and everything works just like you expect from an Arduino. I already love this little fellow.

Kind of cool to have an Arduino this small. Well next step is to build a smal enclosure for it and attach it to my (now) computer interfaced row ergometer :slight_smile: