The chines display hook up. Who can?

Hello to All.

Im looking for that one who can… I ready to give away $250 for it or do it myself.

So 12864-COG-07 chines LCD display… That’s all I know about! No any documentation no datasheet.
I need you to figure it out this LCD. Not any other … This one exactly.

You can use your preferable controller but if it’s Arduino it’s bonus +$50.

In return from you the picks of connection with microcontroller… picks of pinOUT which pin is which…
And simple C/C++ code with constructor of connection initialization
and
functions : a) send word/digit from Serial.
b) clear the screen…

And show in serial if there any response from LCD on sending… So simple read respond function from LCD if applicable.
That’s all about functions.

So if you intersecting send me privet massage. I ll give you my email and We can talk.
Ill ship you the display. As soon as you figure it out Ill pay you via PayPall for the code and picks in return…

And guys don’t ask me to pay upfront any amount. Im sending you display my intentions is serious…

No any documentation no datasheet.

I put 12864-COG-07 in Google, and got several hits.

The device looks like it can accept parallel data or serial data. When accepting serial data, you can't read from the device, but that doesn't seem all that important. The important thing it to get it to light up pixels in the proper place/color.

The display is a 3.3V display, so only a few Arduinos are going to be able to deal with that device.

Is this device mounted in some enclosure that you are trying to keep? If not, using some other LCD of the same size seems like it might be easier.

Slavka85: Hello to All.

Im looking for that one who can... I ready to give away $250 for it or do it myself.

So 12864-COG-07 chines LCD display... That's all I know about! No any documentation no datasheet. I need you to figure it out this LCD. Not any other .. This one exactly.

You can use your preferable controller but if it's Arduino it's bonus +$50.

In return from you the picks of connection with microcontroller... picks of pinOUT which pin is which... And simple C/C++ code with constructor of connection initialization and functions : a) send word/digit from Serial. b) clear the screen..

And show in serial if there any response from LCD on sending... So simple read respond function from LCD if applicable. That's all about functions.

So if you intersecting send me privet massage. I ll give you my email and We can talk. Ill ship you the display. As soon as you figure it out Ill pay you via PayPall for the code and picks in return...

And guys don't ask me to pay upfront any amount. Im sending you display my intentions is serious...

Small advise - vast majority of LCD software available "ready to run" is based on a single source. It is called "universal" but is HARDCODED ( selectable via software) to few common LCD and LCD shields / pins. I have not run into yours.

You say that you want to sent word/digit from serial. Did you want this in chinese? This is not a simple problem. As I understand it, chinese has hundreds of pictographs. An arduino might not have enough memory for all of them. And because serial is only 8-bit, you need to have a character encoding.

That's the thing I need use this one exactly It's not by me got stuck with it... Basically I was thinking the first is to figure the proper way of connection to this LCD... which is one thing and more important ... like how? The code, the functions it is another thing.. The future things the offers.. They are needed just for, to check, that it connected. That's why I just ask to display on LCD something, word, letter, or digit in Chines or English it doesn't matter at this point... and get some in return of sending from LCD ,,,it is actually good proof of communication . That's all.

PaulMurrayCbr notice good point... It could be Chinese chinese version.

Yep, if it's Arduino as a host it is Gold...

And guys thanks to helping straight things out bout the offer it's hard to think about"em at the beginning..

Slavka85: That's the thing I need use this one exactly It's not by me got stuck with it... Basically I was thinking the first is to figure the proper way of connection to this LCD... which is one thing and more important ... like how? The code, the functions it is another thing.. The future things the offers.. They are needed just for, to check, that it connected. That's why I just ask to display on LCD something, word, letter, or digit in Chines or English it doesn't matter at this point... and get some in return of sending from LCD ,,,it is actually good proof of connection. That's all.

PaulMurrayCbr notice good point... It could be Chinese chinese version.

Yep, if it's Arduino as a host it is Gold...

And guys thanks to helping straight things out bout the offer it's hard to think about"em at the beginning..

A general statement - we are discussing "pixel based" LCDisplay, right? . These displays are pretty straight forward - a physical array on pixels. What makes them light up is the controller (chip). You ( and your code ) tells the controller what pixel(s) to turn on.

Needless to say - the physical makeup of all the connections to the LCD has been a challenge to me.

To my limited knowledge, there are no "character / language sets " ( similar to Hitachi character set based LCDs) to be selected in the controller, but there may be controllers with that option. Google it.

PS I am taking few months off from programming and I plan to have my version of "universal" LCD software running sometime in mid January 2016. And I mean truly universal - my goal is to have software which will select the LCD pins automatically - both controls and data.

So nobody interesting??? I don’t have nobody yet working on this project…
Allright…

So it has to be an Arduino and I will give away 100 dollars more!!! So the total $400…

Also I did some research… It is SPI parallel interface so to read data back from it passable and this function has to be in your code…
And I found a datasheets!!! One is in English and slightly for different model 07D, But as far as know it is just a backlight color different(blue)… So the functionality is the same…

Now the other datasheet is in Chinese but take a look there is C++ code examples using commands … So just a little modification of yours to Arduino… Can be a good home gig…

The matrix is pixel black/white 128x64…

HJ12864-COG-7说明书.pdf (586 KB)

LGMTG12864H6PFLW.pdf (1020 KB)

OK, I have to ask. What is so special about this display that it's worth $400 to you to have it working versus finding a display that costs less than $400 but is already supported in the libraries?

No, I'm not offering to do it: I suspect it would cost me a lot more than $400 to do it, but I'm curious.

Or like that it's fine...

http://www.pjrc.com/tech/8051/board5/lcd_128x64.html