The effect of Helicopter vibration and frequency on Arduino

Hello Guys

I am new here and I am not so familiar with Arduino functions

I was wondering If I could use Arduino + 3 axis digital accelerometer in an actual Helicopter to measure the vibration.

I am not sure if Arduino and its sensors can withstand the vibration frequencies of an actual helicopter. I tried googling this but I had no luck finding an answer.

Do you guys have some experience regarding this ?

I would appreciate your help

cheers

By "actual helicopter" do you mean a full-sized person carrying helicopter?

If so I suspect an Arduino would be fine - and even if it failed it would be a small financial loss compared to the cost of operating a helicopter.

...R

In general I'd expect any reasonably well-built small circuit board without socketed components would be fine by itself, being low mass, not having much potential for board flex, and high board resonant frequencies.

The challenge in this sort of application will be any cabling between Arduino, sensor, power, and data I/O which has to have good connector retention and strain relief on the wiring.

If this testing is done in a formal setting, one typically has to pass some safety of flight criteria. For non-critical flight components, this usually just means demonstrating that the setup isn't going to damage flight critical components if it comes apart and that it doesn't radiate (EMI) in such a way that it interferes with communication or navigation equipment.

NimaFN:
Hello Guys

I am new here and I am not so familiar with Arduino functions

I was wondering If I could use Arduino + 3 axis digital accelerometer in an actual Helicopter to measure the vibration.

I am not sure if Arduino and its sensors can withstand the vibration frequencies of an actual helicopter. I tried googling this but I had no luck finding an answer.

Do you guys have some experience regarding this ?

I would appreciate your help

cheers

AS long as you are just monitoring something and not using that information to actually control a helicopter, then there should be no problem. The nice thing about what you are proposing is you can actually test it with very little cost.

Paul