The IDE can't find include files for some examples

Trying to build the sketch “bridge” but the IDE fails to find the include file (bridge.h)

Arduino: 1.8.2 (FreeBSD), Board: “Arduino/Genuino Uno”

/usr/local/arduino/arduino-builder -dump-prefs -logger=machine -hardware /usr/local/arduino/hardware -tools /usr/local/arduino/tools-builder -built-in-libraries /usr/local/arduino/libraries -libraries /home/bernt/sketchbook/libraries -fqbn=arduino:avr:uno -ide-version=10802 -build-path /tmp/arduino_build_865437 -warnings=all -build-cache /tmp/arduino_cache_775706 -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -verbose /usr/local/arduino/libraries/Bridge/examples/Bridge/Bridge.ino
/usr/local/arduino/arduino-builder -compile -logger=machine -hardware /usr/local/arduino/hardware -tools /usr/local/arduino/tools-builder -built-in-libraries /usr/local/arduino/libraries -libraries /home/bernt/sketchbook/libraries -fqbn=arduino:avr:uno -ide-version=10802 -build-path /tmp/arduino_build_865437 -warnings=all -build-cache /tmp/arduino_cache_775706 -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -verbose /usr/local/arduino/libraries/Bridge/examples/Bridge/Bridge.ino
Using board ‘uno’ from platform in folder: /usr/local/arduino/hardware/arduino/avr
Using core ‘arduino’ from platform in folder: /usr/local/arduino/hardware/arduino/avr
Detecting libraries used…
“/usr/local/arduino/tools-builder/avr-gcc/4.9.2-atmel3.5.4-arduino2/bin/avr-g++” -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10802 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR “-I/usr/local/arduino/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino” “-I/usr/local/arduino/hardware/arduino/avr/variants/standard” “/tmp/arduino_build_865437/sketch/Bridge.ino.cpp” -o “/dev/null”
Generating function prototypes…
“/usr/local/arduino/tools-builder/avr-gcc/4.9.2-atmel3.5.4-arduino2/bin/avr-g++” -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10802 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR “-I/usr/local/arduino/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino” “-I/usr/local/arduino/hardware/arduino/avr/variants/standard” “/tmp/arduino_build_865437/sketch/Bridge.ino.cpp” -o “/tmp/arduino_build_865437/preproc/ctags_target_for_gcc_minus_e.cpp”
/usr/local/arduino/libraries/Bridge/examples/Bridge/Bridge.ino:25:20: ?desdigert fel: Bridge.h: No such file or directory
kompilering avslutad.
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.

Does the file /usr/local/arduino/libraries/Bridge/src/Bridge.h exist?

ls /usr/local/arduino/libraries/Bridge/src/ Bridge.cpp BridgeClient.h BridgeServer.cpp BridgeUdp.h FileIO.cpp HttpClient.h Process.cpp YunServer.h Bridge.h BridgeSSLClient.cpp BridgeServer.h Console.cpp FileIO.h Mailbox.cpp Process.h BridgeClient.cpp BridgeSSLClient.h BridgeUdp.cpp Console.h HttpClient.cpp Mailbox.h YunClient.h

That is very strange. The only thing I can suggest is that you update to Arduino IDE 1.8.5 to see if that would solve the issue.

I'll try that.

pert: That is very strange. The only thing I can suggest is that you update to Arduino IDE 1.8.5 to see if that would solve the issue.

Fund the problem. One can't have a localized login shell you must have this.

$ locale LANG= LC_CTYPE="C" LC_COLLATE="C" LC_TIME="C" LC_NUMERIC="C" LC_MONETARY="C" LC_MESSAGES="C" LC_ALL=

Now it works.

Good work tracking down the solution! Thanks for giving an update. Maybe it will help someone else with the same problem.