The IoT Cloud could not find MKR WiFi 1010 I connected to my PC

I used a USB cable to connect my PC to the Arduino MKR WiFi 1010, the ON green light was ON and the Orange CHRG light was flashing. I logged on to my Arduino Account and I launched IoT Cloud. From the IoT cloud I click Select Device and I loaded the Arduino Create Agent first then I selected Set up an Arduino device. The Setup device window showed up and tried to search the device I connected to the PC. After a while the Setup Device window displayed "We could not find any Arduino device" and TRY AGAIN button showed up. I pressed the TRY AGAIN button few time and got the same result.

The MKR WiFi 1010 is OK because I had loaded and run a simple blink sketch which blinked at different rate and was successful.

Your answer/advice/guidance is much appreciated.

Did you try doing that after the failure to set it up as an Arduino IoT Cloud device? Was it successful then?

I finally made it work.
When IoT tried to configure the MKR WiFi 1010 it assigned a device name, usually I modified the device name. The last time when I configured the MKR WiFi 1010 I accepted the name assigned by the IoT Cloud and the device was setup successfully. The MKR WiFi 1010 was assigned a name "Bessy" .
I tried to delete the thing I just created so that I could verify if the problem was due to the fact that I must use the name assigned by IoT Cloud. But it would not allow me to setup the MKR WiFi again , it would say "A device is ready to be associated Bessy Arduino MKR WiFi 1010" with Associate button.

Anyway I like Bessy.
But is it true that I have to use the name assigned by IoT Cloud?

Thanks for replying.