The IoT is dead, long live the IoT

We're doing it wrong

Very comforting for the folks who consider that using several Arduinos is the solution rather that programming the whole thing on a Mega :slight_smile:

...R

I like how it starts out by a robot implanting other, smaller robots in people's heads. It offers them seizure free life - surely a good thing. It also says they can "work out their own solution". I'm gonna write my own ending.

ChrisTenone:
I like how it starts out by a robot implanting other, smaller robots in people's heads. It offers them seizure free life - surely a good thing. It also says they can "work out their own solution". I'm gonna write my own ending.

Did anyone read Michael Crichton's " The Terminal Man"?

Some "expert" was quoted on the BBC radio in the last few days re-assuring everyone that robots are being programmed wisely and could not possibly take over the world.

I'm not sure which is worse - the expert that purveys that crap or the journalist that fails to take him to task.

...R

He was probably a robot.

Interesting note: mass hacking of iot devices could do long lasting damage to the power grid. Looking at you, novair...

Qdeathstar:
Looking at you, novair...

The airline?

derp, novar.

They provide lighting and hvac network control for many commercial properties.

Or novichok perhaps?

ChrisTenone:
Or novichok perhaps?

That provides havoc, not hvac.