The letter at end of the part number.

My very nice NIKKO ALPHA 450 audio amplifier was butchered by a technician that could not find the parts to fix a blown channel. He cut a few wires and a jumper in order to have the remaining channel working. That's not what I wanted. The technician could not find the original parts and neither could I, so I got something else that I want to make sure will work before I solder them in place. The original parts made by Toshiba are part numbers 2SC2565A and 2SA1095A. I came across the following also Toshiba parts 2SC2565 and 2SA1095. They have the same part number and look identical but without the A at the end. I have being told that the A at the end is an upgrade of the same part. Please let me know where I stand here. Am I compromising performance? Are the left and right channels going to sound the same? Will they have the same specs and performance:-? Thank you very much for your advice in advance.

Not very Arduino relevant !

Check the data sheet on the items. It will tell you what the letter on the end represents. Usually its an indication of a different revision of the item. Depending on the part and its use the revision may or may not be a big deal.

looks down at the bar sport forum ;)

Often a letter will indicate a die revision, that is using a different mask to make the device. In general these should be identical in performance but this is not always the case. Normally a manufacturer will issue a bulletin saying what has changed.

Are the left and right channels going to sound the same?

Depends on how much of a hi fi buff you are. Normally people claim to hear differences from all manor of things that don't make a jot of difference, like gold plated mains connectors and the like. So if you think there is a difference you will here on. It's an extension of the placebo effect (never did like Brian Molko ;))

If you're worried about the channels sounding different, replace the same parts in both channels to maintain symmetry.