The libraries at server side are invalid

I am not using any of these libraries:

arduino-builder/arduino-builder -compile -core-api-version 10611 -build-path /tmp/028770936 -hardware arduino-builder/hardware -hardware arduino-builder/packages/cores -tools arduino-builder/tools -tools arduino-builder/packages/tools -built-in-libraries arduino-builder/latest -libraries /tmp/084168765/pinned -libraries /tmp/084168765/custom -fqbn arduino:avr:uno -verbose=false /tmp/084168765/button

WARNING: Category 'Input/Output' in library AD5241 is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category '' in library ArduinoUnit is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category 'Robotic' in library WebServer is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category 'Input/Output' in library MCP41XXX is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category '' in library Parse Arduino SDK is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category '' in library Pushetta is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category '' in library SparkFun MG2639 CellShield is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category '' in library StereoSID is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category 'Robotics' in library Svante is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category 'Input/Output' in library TLC5615 is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

They are simply warnings and you can safely ignore them.

Do you have any of those libraries in your custom library section ?

If so delete them for the moment but make sure you check each board that you use with CREATE by selecting the board in the drop down box and then checking custom libs and deleting them and then select the next board etc.

Sorry, I did not mentioned that for all my sketches, e.g.:

"
/*
switch on the built in LED when the button is pressed
using the built in pull-up resistor
*/

int buttonPin = 2;
int LED = 13;

void setup(){
pinMode(buttonPin, INPUT_PULLUP);
pinMode(LED, OUTPUT);
}

void loop(){
int buttonValue = digitalRead(buttonPin);

if (buttonValue == LOW){
digitalWrite(LED, HIGH);
} else {
digitalWrite(LED, LOW);
}
}

"

The “Verify and save” function is OK, with the warnings above, but when I try to upload to Arduino I get “Compilation failed. Please report this issue on our Forum.” message with the same warnings. Nothing else.

Can only see that error with a 101 board.

You should post code using the code tags or modify your post please as the forum can corrupt some code sequences when you post as text.

UNO, MEGA, and MKR1000 all work fine here.
I left a message for the CREATE development team for Monday morning when they come in.

If it is a 101 board then it will work fine in IDE 1.6.12.

Other useful info is OS, Browser including version.

If its CHROME then open “MORE TOOLS” select “DEVELOPER TOOLS” hit “refresh” for the create page up on the top toolbar. (this simply clears the previous session information from the developer window)

Reselect your board and sketch,
Hit “VERIFY” (tick box)

If VERIFY works OK then hit the “UPLOAD” (right arrow)

Now go to the developer box that you opened for CHROME and copy and paste that output in here but MAKE SURE YOU USE CODE TAGS ( < / > ) or else all hell could break loose.

Need the output from the CONSOLE window. not the one above it.

Browser: Google Chrome Version 53.0.2785.143 (64-bit)
Board: Arduino Uno

After reading your post, I also tested with Firefox and I could compile and upload to the board successfully, with the library warnings, so I think that it must be a problem with Chrome.

The content of the web developer console of Chrome:

Refused to load the image 'https://stats.g.doubleclick.net/r/collect?v=1&aip=1&t=dc&_r=3&tid=UA-22581631-11&cid=89918197.1474816858&jid=1798356111&_v=j46&z=1958793440' because it violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "img-src 'self' data: https://www.google-analytics.com https://cdn.arduino.cc https://dcw9y8se13llu.cloudfront.net https://www.facebook.com".

Object Object
Object Object
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
Object Object
Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
Failed to load resource: net::ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR
Object Object
Object Object
Object Object
[serial monitor] - try close
Automatically scrolling cursor into view after selection change this will be disabled in the next version set editor.$blockScrolling = Infinity to disable this message
TypeError: Cannot read property ‘substring’ of undefined
at angular.4b420ad3.js:2
at h (vendor.6710c71e.js:5)
at vendor.6710c71e.js:5
at n.$eval (vendor.6710c71e.js:5)
at n.$digest (vendor.6710c71e.js:5)
at n.$apply (vendor.6710c71e.js:5)
at f (vendor.6710c71e.js:5)
at q (vendor.6710c71e.js:5)
at XMLHttpRequest.v.onload (vendor.6710c71e.js:5)

The ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED and ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR messages are for connection attempts to localhost ports 8989, 8990, 8991.

The 404 message was:

WebSocket connection to ‘wss://create.arduino.cc/socket.io/?web.ide.sid=undefined&EIO=3&transport=websocket&sid=fgXcRLf04_Ub4-I5AC0k’ failed: WebSocket is closed before the connection is established.

Andras

Odd that the code tags did not work properly.

But thanks I will post that to the dev site and a link back to this post.

Which boards BTW ?

Refused to load the image 'https://stats.g.doubleclick.net/r/collect?v=1&aip=1&t=dc&_r=3&tid=UA-22581631-11&cid=89918197.1474816858&jid=1798356111&_v=j46&z=1958793440' because it violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "img-src 'self' data: https://www.google-analytics.com https://cdn.arduino.cc https://dcw9y8se13llu.cloudfront.net https://www.facebook.com".

Object Object
Object Object
Object Object
Failed to load resource: net::ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR
Object Object
Object Object
Object Object
Automatically scrolling cursor into view after selection change this will be disabled in the next version set editor.$blockScrolling = Infinity to disable this message
TypeError: Cannot read property 'substring' of undefined
    at angular.4b420ad3.js:2
    at h (vendor.6710c71e.js:5)
    at vendor.6710c71e.js:5
    at n.$eval (vendor.6710c71e.js:5)
    at n.$digest (vendor.6710c71e.js:5)
    at n.$apply (vendor.6710c71e.js:5)
    at f (vendor.6710c71e.js:5)
    at q (vendor.6710c71e.js:5)
    at XMLHttpRequest.v.onload (vendor.6710c71e.js:5)
</code>

The ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED and ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR messages are for connection attempts to localhost ports 8989, 8990, 8991.

The 404 message was:
<code>
WebSocket connection to 'wss://create.arduino.cc/socket.io/?web.ide.sid=undefined&EIO=3&transport=websocket&sid=fgXcRLf04_Ub4-I5AC0k' failed: WebSocket is closed before the connection is established.

I'm having the same problem. Sketches that used to upload fine now throw errors when I try to verify them.
In fact, I get the following when verifying ANY sketch:

arduino-builder/arduino-builder -compile -core-api-version 10611 -build-path /tmp/510507278 -hardware arduino-builder/hardware -hardware arduino-builder/packages/cores -tools arduino-builder/tools -tools arduino-builder/packages/tools -built-in-libraries arduino-builder/latest -libraries /tmp/404899755/pinned -libraries /tmp/404899755/custom -fqbn arduino:avr:nano -verbose=false /tmp/404899755/_16_visualisation_1

WARNING: Category 'Input/Output' in library AD5241 is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category '' in library ArduinoUnit is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category 'Robotic' in library WebServer is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category 'Input/Output' in library MCP41XXX is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category '' in library Parse Arduino SDK is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category '' in library Pushetta is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category '' in library SparkFun MG2639 CellShield is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category '' in library StereoSID is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category 'Robotics' in library Svante is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

WARNING: Category 'Input/Output' in library TLC5615 is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'

avr-g++: error: missing device or architecture after '-mmcu='

exit status 1

I'm not even using these libraries!

I'm using Chrome on Win 10.

So thats Linux and win 10...just taking a chrome update and be back shorthly

Not seeing those errors on win 7 x64 pro here. with a UNO an MKR1000 and a 101.
Also on latest version of chrome.

Have you tried updating the CLIENT (download and re-install.)

Which boards are people using ?

Which Antivirus and or anti malware are you all using ?
If you could turn them off maybe just to test ?

Is anyone on a VPN ? or using VM's ?

Just trying to gather info to see if anything stands out.

I am not using any antivirus or anti malware, just firewall, which I switched off during the testing.

I am using the UNO board, which works perfectly with the 1.6.12 version of the offline IDE.

No VPN or VM.

OK and this is not guaranteed to work but it cleared up an issue in CREATE and a MEGA board here.

Get CCLEANER
Its quite good and best of all its FREE without adverts.

It will clear out some online passwords so heads up but chrome if its set right will offer you them back as you log into places.

Install it and run it with its default settings and select ANALYSE unless you are sure what you are doing. (close your browsers)

Once its done hit the RUN CLEANER button.

Don't exit just yet.

Select Registry (this is not a harsh registry cleaner so it usually quite safe). Hit the SCAN FOR ISSUES button. When it is done hit the FIX SELECTED ISSUES button and if it offers to save select YES and let it save to the default location.

Now close CCLEANER and re-start your computer. BTW I am not responsible if your computer suddenly seems faster :slight_smile:

Re try any steps in the previous posts and see if it helps.

For those of you wanting a deeper clean in the Registry I use the free WISE one on a regular basis. Again no adverts etc and just does what it says on the can...

Hi @afeher,
could you please retry? We pushed a fix.
@VeryGoodSmell, if you still have the issue, could you please try to select again the board from the boards dropdown before verifying?
Thanks

New message after the warnings:

arduino-builder/arduino-builder -compile -core-api-version 10611 -build-path /tmp/494965265 -hardware arduino-builder/hardware -hardware arduino-builder/packages/cores -tools arduino-builder/tools -tools arduino-builder/packages/tools -built-in-libraries arduino-builder/latest -libraries /tmp/355740922/pinned -libraries /tmp/355740922/custom -fqbn arduino:avr:uno -verbose=false /tmp/355740922/Blink_test

avrdude: can't open input file /tmp/arduino-create-agent347554357/Blink_test.hex: No such file or directory

avrdude: read from file '/tmp/arduino-create-agent347554357/Blink_test.hex' failed

Could not program the board

Maybe there is some issue with the board, is it working in the Desktop IDE? Can you share your sketch with us?
Thanks

The board works. I compiled and uploaded the sketch successfully using the offline IDE :

/*
Blink
Turns on an LED on for one second, then off for one second, repeatedly.

Most Arduinos have an on-board LED you can control. On the Uno and
Leonardo, it is attached to digital pin 13. If you’re unsure what
pin the on-board LED is connected to on your Arduino model, check
the documentation at http://www.arduino.cc

This example code is in the public domain.

modified 8 May 2014
by Scott Fitzgerald
*/

// the setup function runs once when you press reset or power the board
void setup() {
// initialize digital pin 13 as an output.
pinMode(13, OUTPUT);
}

// the loop function runs over and over again forever
void loop() {
digitalWrite(13, HIGH); // turn the LED on (HIGH is the voltage level)
delay(500); // wait for a second
digitalWrite(13, LOW); // turn the LED off by making the voltage LOW
delay(100); // wait for a second
}

Let me understand this right: is the sketch successfully compiling and you see a list of warnings in the output area?

If so don't worry, there are some obsolete libraries that make those warnings, it has nothing to do with the sketch, we are working on removing the warnings :slight_smile:

I'm still having the same issues. It's nothing to do with my sketches though, and my board works fine with the offline editor.

@ VeryGoodSmell

Which board are you using ?

Can you post your sketch here please using code tags ? ( </> )

Any other information you think may be relevant too.

USB port types ?

Seems like the agent cannot create the file in the /tmp folder. Can you run the command

ls -l /tmp

on the console?