the most stable and error-free arduino model

Which is the most stable and error-free Arduino model? I am looking for a model that can work for a long time and we will not have any problems other than code errors. I am designing a device and customers will use this device. My plan is to use arduino mega 2560 r3. I also want to do remote update and device development with esp8266, is this possible? I want to send an update to the device in case of a possible error or when I want to add a new feature. The customer will plug the device into the ethernet port and the update with the card password will be uploaded to the arduino board.

The most error free hardware is military, or space classified things, and they call for a wallet sized like a bus.
Most important id how You design the project.
All controller boards are soldered in machines and are basically the same reliable.

''Arduino'' sir : :confused:

OTA updates are not possible with the MEGA. Think ESP32.

Hardware is usually very reliable.
Reliability can go down with using it the wrong way.
Wiring, supply, code, etc.

A Mega with an ESP8266 on it's back is asking for trouble.

Why a Mega...

A WiFi device, like an ESP8266 or ESP32 board, can be updated OTA.
So why Ethernet.
Leo..

Wawa:
Hardware is usually very reliable.
Reliability can go down with using it the wrong way.
Wiring, supply, code, etc.

A Mega with an ESP8266 on it's back is asking for trouble.

Why a Mega...

A WiFi device, like an ESP8266 or ESP32 board, can be updated OTA.
So why Ethernet.
Leo..

I don't know which card to use. Arduino uno model does not sound reliable to me. The Mega model has many entrances, and the card will not be more ergonomic. Well sir, which card should I use now that can receive updates remotely and not cause a problem? Which arduino model works best with ESP32?

and I don't need ethernet port when I use esp32?

Why don't you tell us exactly what you want to do? Then we can make intelligent suggestions. You may not need a Mega as an ESP8266 or ESP32 may be able to handle your project by itself.

Arduino uno model does not sound reliable to me.

It is very reliable.

An experienced engineer designing a product intended to be reliable would also design a custom circuit board, rather than connect several hobby modules together with unreliable wiring.

groundFungus:
Why don't you tell us exactly what you want to do? Then we can make intelligent suggestions. You may not need a Mega as an ESP8266 or ESP32 may be able to handle your project by itself.

I'm designing an emdr device.

The device will control 2 vibration motors, a 1 meter sheriff led and a bluetooth headset. There is bilateral stimulation.

jremington:
It is very reliable.

An experienced engineer designing a product intended to be reliable would also design a custom circuit board, rather than connect several hobby modules together with unreliable wiring.

but I'm an artist and I want to do this job like this.

If you do not have electronic circuit design training, do not plan on the results of your efforts being reliable.

There are forum members with such training, which is one reason that the Gigs and Collaborations forum section exists. Post there for help, and be prepared to pay for the services.

To be reliable under all conditions means to design in redundancy for each part of the product, as well as the ability to detect errors. Hobby stuff does neither.

In addition, as the number of cosmic rays reaching the earth is increasing, be prepared for an error to suddenly to appear which cannot be duplicated, nor anticipated.

Paul

malerish:
Which is the most stable and error-free Arduino model?

IMHO that is not a relevant question.

You need to start with the level of reliability that you require together with an analysis of the potential points of failure.

The microprocessors on Arduino boards are used by their millions in commercial projects so I would have no concern about their reliability.

From a hardware point of view the sockets such as on an Uno or Mega (though we refer to them as pins) are probably a weak point - especially if the project will be subject to vibration, moisture or dust. Soldered joints or screw terminals will be more reliable.

Another hardware risk is overloading the I/O capabilities - but that would be bad design rather than an inherent weakness.

Having said all that I reckon that the software YOU (or I) create presents by far the biggest risk of failure.

...R

I'm an artist

Are you looking to include electronics in an art installation, so doing this is incidental to what you really want to do, or do you really want to learn about electronics and microcontrollers?

If the former I suggest you find someone who understands microcontrollers to collaborate with. If the latter then start simple and learn the basics, don't worry about reliability at this stage.