the name of the circuit?

......dang, sitting here by myself and no one to ask.....

if I have pin 12 on my Mega putting out a 50% duty cycle square wave at normal PWM frequency.....and I want to convert it to the average voltage DC. What is that called?

So 0-5 vdc square wave ~490 hz coming out of the Mega I want to turn that into 2.5v DC.

What's that called?


low pass rc filter is what I think your looking for

and here is how you do it:-

ty Mike & osgeld

Integrator! that is the term I was looking for. EE school was 30 years ago! (grin).