The program can't detect my arduino

I used to work on an arduino UNO several years ago , and i used it frequently till one day the computer broke, so i had to get a new one. Now i have a new computer ( MAC OS X ) and the computer works fine and all, but one issue remains, the computer cant detect the arduino no matter which port i put it in and there is no serial port option that i can change, i know the plug works since there is energy is flowing to the arduino , but the issue is i cant upload any scripts or reset the one i uploaded several years back. I would love some help and i cant manage to make it work , i tried everything i think would fix it but nothing worked. here is here error message:

Arduino: 1.8.2 (Mac OS X), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

Sketch uses 444 bytes (1%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32256 bytes.
Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2039 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.
avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "COM1": No such file or directory
Problem uploading to board.  See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

A friend came and fixed the issue for me, the wire connecting the arduino to the computer was damaged so i just bought a new one which fixed the issue. sorry!