The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limit

I got this message when I checked my alerts. I got a reply to my question, but I can't find the post. I turned alerts on and I got this message "The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you." When I followed the link..... what is up with that? What do I do now? Will I be able to read the responses to this post. :-/

Probably the problem is that you created two threads that were judged to be on the same topic so the forum moderator merged the two together. This caused the link to one of the threads to go dead but all the answers should still be in the merged thread. You can see the merge of your threads "New to programming. I have a input question." and "newbie needing help with an input" started here:

and this was noted here:

The problem with creating multiple threads on the same topic is we end up wasting a lot of time giving advice or asking questions without realizing all of that had already been done by someone else on the other thread.

I think that was the issue. I was able to find the thread under unread posts. Once I read the post I saw what happened. Thank you for your reply. still learning how to navigate this forum.