'There is not an active bootloader in the module.' xbee

Hello-

I finally have time again to get into Arduino's again, however I ran into an issue where my xbee's were not being discovered by my XCTU 6.3.1 software. I went to 'Xbee recovery' and in fact it did work for one of my Xbee modules, but for the second one, i got the message in the title.

Why would that be the case in the first place, and how can I solve this?

thanks.

Is it not possible to go through this process using an uno / xbee shield? do I need to do this with an explorer dongle? if so can i recover two xbees at different times with one dongle or do i need two?

chummer1010: Is it not possible to go through this process using an uno / xbee shield? do I need to do this with an explorer dongle? if so can i recover two xbees at different times with one dongle or do i need two?

I found it useful in my projects the other way around. I use the dongle for both configuration on my PC AND interfacing with the Arduino. The XBee shield (IMHO) is a waste of money and space.

I'm sorry, but as for your original problem, I have no possible solution other than ordering a new one.

Power_Broker: I found it useful in my projects the other way around. I use the dongle for both configuration on my PC AND interfacing with the Arduino. The XBee shield (IMHO) is a waste of money and space.

I'm sorry, but as for your original problem, I have no possible solution other than ordering a new one.

What could have I possibly done to that thing? I purchased these over 5 months ago, all I ever got around to do with them was scan the ports, and setting one to coordinator and one to router... oh jeez.