Theremin through glass

Hey all-
I did a cursory search of the googles, but found no answer. Or even someone else asking the question. My time may be better suited asking the question on a theremin-specific website, but other ideas may flow from my request here.

Question - Will the theremin oscillators work from the other side of a glass wall?

Expanded explanation - My intent is to make a score keeping device for myself and my racquetball playing friends, but i don't want a physical device in the space with us. The concept is to have a display and brains of the scorecard either set behind or hang from the outside of the rear glass wall, and control it from inside. I have considered some kind of wearable remote, but i like the idea of the theremin controls through the glass wall. One to select a team, one to adjust point value. Another control method i have considered is a pair of visual sensors per team (potential for 3 'teams', often only 2), and you place your hand over the pair to add points. A pair because i don't want the ball to hit in the right spot and cause a point. I suppose that could be overcome with a fairly small time instruction. All still concept phase, so any additional thoughts on input options are appreciated.

Thanks!
Zac

Theremins work with radio waves. These go through glass, so yes it should work through glass.

Grumpy_Mike:
Theremins work with radio waves. These go through glass, so yes it should work through glass.

Thanks. Guess i am diving into it without quite understanding the underlying principles.

Well technically they use near-field rather than e-m waves (far field), but the answers the same, glass won't block
electric or magnetic fields at all. Glass is likely to have a small effect on the operating point of the oscillator
as it has a dielectric constant different from air.