Thermal Printer and Nano

I would like to print various parameters and time-stamps to a thermal printer from an Arduino Nano which I am using to control a fumigation chamber

The printer is an Epson T-20, and it works as expected when written to by a lap-top via USB. The Nano 'Serial.prints as expected to either the GUI or to Termite on the Lap-top, but I cannot get anything to print direct from the Nano to the printer

Has anyone tried such a thing ?

That's not going to work. The Printer does not behave like a virtual COM port but an actual USB device. Your Nano would have to implement being a USB host (?) like your PC. You can't simply Serial.print() to that device.

Thanks for that

Unfortunately that makes sense, is there any way to get a Nano to behave as a USB source/host ?

CharlesDavis: Unfortunately that makes sense, is there any way to get a Nano to behave as a USB source/host ?

That was the point. Essentially no, you are simply looking at the wrong device. Use a Raspberry Pi (and even then you will find it difficult as you need to know the protocol of the printer).