Thesis Title Proposal

Hello guys, we are on our final year project. We badly need a suggestion for a thesis title. Our panel are very much choosy when it comes to selecting a project. They even have high expectations and standards to us.

We were rejected a couple of times, so we need your help to formulate ideas.

The bad thing about our panel is that they do not want projects on innovation, they want something that has purpose. So, Entertainment related projects are a no go.

The idea has to be/have:

1. Massive impact to the public (people should be amazed)
  2. a Purpose (A lot of people should benefit from the project) / Automation
  3. It should solve/lessen a problem

Examples: (These titles were already taken)
Automated Rainwater Purifier
Flood Control Monitoring System
Fish Pond Monitoring System
CNC PCB Plotter

They do not like these titles: (Because it is common)
Home Automation and Security
Greenhouse
Attendance Monitoring
Parking System
Pet Feeder
Automatic White Board Eraser

We would be glad if you guys would suggest a title for us. BTW, we are Computer Engineering Students from the Philippines.

1 Like

wakku18:
Hello guys, we are on our final year project. We badly need a suggestion for a thesis title. Our panel are very much choosy when it comes to selecting a project. They even have high expectations and standards to us.

And then you come HERE?

...R

PS. I suspect the high expectations are that you will be sufficiently creative to find a topic yourselves without outside assistance.

Hello Wakku 18,

I do not agree that you should find a topic without help. The objective of a thesis is to learn, and to dare to ask for help is a quality that is one of the most valuable things in life. This being said:

You could imagine to build an application that registers temperature, CO2 and Amonia content of air with high accuracy. The application sends the results to a common web site. Everybody all over the world could build your application and contribute to an open green house gas monitoring system.

There are different challenges: the internet, the accuracy of measurements, the protocol to communicate with different sensors (proffessional or not), distribution of your application, registrations of measurements, database logging of the data...

Best Regards,
Johi.

Thank you guys for the suggestions. We will definitely value the things you guys have said.

wakku18:
Thank you guys for the suggestions. We will definitely value the things you guys have said.

If your thesis does not work out that reply suggests that you have the makings of a great politician :slight_smile:

…R

Solar site evaluator - the idea would be that you would put a small (or even full-sized) unit with solar panel in a particular location, and it would store information about how much power was actually generated over a day (or several days) period. It'd be more-or-less a data logger with some switchable load and some analysis software. More designed for "small solar" (like "will I be able to power my path lights all night long, or will I need bigger panels?") than major grid-connected power schemes...