Thinking about making something with wireless LEDs

Hey everyone
I'm thinking about making something and need some guidance. We are building a house. On all 4 corners of the house, we will have a motion light. I want to build a small box with 4 leds in it that I can put in my house so that if one turns on, the led will turn on so I know something is out there. I could easily do this with a few resistors and alot of wire, tapping into the light power, but I was wondering if there would be a way for me to do this wireless. Any ideas or suggestions? I saw motion lights online that chime when they turn on, but I don't want the annoying chime :slight_smile:

I saw motion lights online that chime when they turn on, but I don't want the annoying chime :slight_smile:

It be easier and maybe cheaper to remove the chime and use it to drive your leds.
Most chimes work like a relay so it would be easy hack.

I suspect that the lights are mains powered. I am a bit concerned with " I could easily do this with a few resistors and alot of wire, tapping into the light power". This is potentially lethal. You must have the mains isolated from your low voltage circuit.

This could be done with a transformer or using an old mobile phone charger. This could then be used to control your Tx.

Weedpharma

He'd be better off hacking the light's with the chime every thing would be there and I'm sure the chime is low voltage and a easy place to add lights.
the thing on the right make the nose and it runs off battery.

Rooster:
but I don't want the annoying chime :slight_smile:

get one with a pleasing chime. :slight_smile: