Thinking of a Never Failing Alarm Clock

I keep finding myself turning off my alarm every morning and going right back to sleep, usually making me close to late to school. And as I approach the end of my high school days, I understand this is a serious issue. So I want to make an alarm clock that deactivates via Bluetooth.

My idea is this; an alarm clock that can only be deactivated by turning on my computer and allowing the clock to connect to the computer via Bluetooth. I also want to incorporate a motion sensor in the design so that it reactivates the alarm if it detects no movement - meaning I went back to bed.

The sole purpose of connecting it to the computer is so that the deactivation process is long enough so that I wake up fully. I could also have it connect via usb, and have an app on the computer or something, but not in the sense that the clock gets its power via USB.

I’m still in the brainstorming stage, as I only have a sketch on paper of what it will look like. So if you have an idea of a long deactivation process, or a means of detecting if I went back to bed, please feel free to express it!

Why not just disable the snooze button? Open the clock, tape over the contacts that allow snooze to occur.

Or get a persistent cat - they always seem to want to go out when the sun rises.

Or move the clock farther from your bed so you have to get up to turn it off. I find an alarm that beeps like a construction truck backing up is really obnoxious.

Or move the clock farther from your bed so you have to get up to turn it off.

That sounds like the easiest solution. ;)

'm still in the brainstorming stage...

While you're thinking about it... Several years ago I built two gizmos (before the Arduino with a different microcontroller). They could be built-into one project, but it was my 1st or 2nd microcontroller project and I built one thing at a time.

The first one is a "sunrise timer" that slowly fades-on the light over a 10 minute period. It's actually reading light over the head of the bed that's plugged-into the gizmo. The main light turns-on after the reading light is faded-up (X-10 controlled).

The 2nd gizmo is a beeper that's activated after 10 minutes, so the light is fully-on. It makes one short beep when it's first activated. After 30 seconds it beeps again. At 2-minutes (and again at 2.5 minutes) you get 2-beeps. This continues 'till at 15-minutes you get 15-beeps. It keeps me from falling back into deep-sleep, and I can count the beeps while I'm half-asleep.

I didn't build-in time-of-day clock (again keeping it simple) so it requires an external AC timer. Unfortunately, my X-10 system has been fouled-up for awhile so the AC timer isn't working.

Put the alarm clock on the dressing table at the end of the room opposite the bed-head.

Obviously, you have to get out of bed to turn it off. If you were to get back in bed after doing that, no-one can ever help you.

Very soon, you will actually find you wake up one minute before the alarm goes off.

Paul__B: Put the alarm clock on the dressing table at the end of the room opposite the bed-head.

+1

And go to bed earlier.

...R