This forum sucks

Hi!

This forum really sucks. WTF do I have to do to make a simple profile change ("website title" and "website URL") PERMANENT?! Every time I log out and in again those fields are empty.

PLEASE dear programmers do some simple things WORK as expected! PLEASE!

Gregor

LMAO just add it to the exceptionally long wish list that will be ignored anyway...

But we can bitch as much as we want (me included) so there is a feel good factor involved in that at least.

I reported this issue a year ago: https://github.com/arduino/forum-issues/issues/194 It might have actually been intentionally done, though in a very user-unfriendly manner. If you do some searching of the forum you will find some old threads with information on this subject.

You can add a persistent link to a website though: Profile > Edit Personal Info > Website This will show up as a little globe icon under your post count. You can see I have one.

pert: You can add a persistent link to a website though: Profile > Edit Personal Info > Website

Thanks! I was using Profile -> Forum Settings ...

Gregor

gregorss: ...This forum really sucks

Gregor, I just read this thread. I don't think that's really an appropriate title. Your probably really frustrated, but I think a better title would be something like "making a profile change really sucks". To generalize and say the forum sucks is not accurate.

In your thread I'd like to say, a big thanks to all the thousands of electrical and programming experts out there that help newbies like me and tolerate our lack of education in the field. Thanks everyone. This forum rocks!

cjcj: ... To generalize and say the forum sucks is not accurate.

In your thread I'd like to say, a big thanks to all the thousands of electrical and programming experts out there that help newbies like me and tolerate our lack of education in the field. Thanks everyone. This forum rocks!

I do (not) agree.

If I think of the people I can exchange knowledge with, you're right: This forum absolutely rocks.

If I look at all that k3wl-looking things that seem to be just there to make a not-so-big-thing big and at the fact that the forum software is being worked on while running („live“) you're wrong. This forum really sucks. Working on software while it is running is absolutely stupid and indication of botch.

Gregor