This might be really simple

So two RFID readers (mfrc522), they work perfectly with the sketch, until i try to add a ‘if’. Ive been banging my head at this for two days now.
Regards

/**
   --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   Example sketch/program showing how to read data from more than one PICC to serial.
   --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   This is a MFRC522 library example; for further details and other examples see: https://github.com/miguelbalboa/rfid

Example sketch/program showing how to read data from more than one PICC (that is: a RFID Tag or Card) using a
   MFRC522 based RFID Reader on the Arduino SPI interface.

Warning: This may not work! Multiple devices at one SPI are difficult and cause many trouble!! Engineering skill
            and knowledge are required!

@license Released into the public domain.

Typical pin layout used:
   -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
               MFRC522      Arduino       Arduino   Arduino    Arduino          Arduino
               Reader/PCD   Uno/101       Mega      Nano v3    Leonardo/Micro   Pro Micro
   Signal      Pin          Pin           Pin       Pin        Pin              Pin
   -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   RST/Reset   RST          9             5         D9         RESET/ICSP-5     RST
   SPI SS 1    SDA(SS)      ** custom, take a unused pin, only HIGH/LOW required *
   SPI SS 2    SDA(SS)      ** custom, take a unused pin, only HIGH/LOW required *
   SPI MOSI    MOSI         11 / ICSP-4   51        D11        ICSP-4           16
   SPI MISO    MISO         12 / ICSP-1   50        D12        ICSP-1           14
   SPI SCK     SCK          13 / ICSP-3   52        D13        ICSP-3           15

*/

#include <SPI.h>
#include <MFRC522.h>

constexpr uint8_t RST_PIN = 9;     // Configurable, see typical pin layout above
constexpr uint8_t SS_1_PIN = 10;   // Configurable, take a unused pin, only HIGH/LOW required, must be diffrent to SS 2
constexpr uint8_t SS_2_PIN = 8;    // Configurable, take a unused pin, only HIGH/LOW required, must be diffrent to SS 1

constexpr uint8_t NR_OF_READERS = 2;

byte ssPins[] = {SS_1_PIN, SS_2_PIN};

MFRC522 mfrc522[NR_OF_READERS];   // Create MFRC522 instance.

/**
   Initialize.
*/
void setup() {

Serial.begin(9600); // Initialize serial communications with the PC
  while (!Serial);    // Do nothing if no serial port is opened (added for Arduinos based on ATMEGA32U4)

SPI.begin();        // Init SPI bus

for (uint8_t reader = 0; reader < NR_OF_READERS; reader++) {
    mfrc522[reader].PCD_Init(ssPins[reader], RST_PIN); // Init each MFRC522 card
    Serial.print(F("Reader "));
    Serial.print(reader);
    Serial.print(F(": "));
    mfrc522[reader].PCD_DumpVersionToSerial();
  }
}

/**
   Main loop.
*/
void loop() {

for (uint8_t reader = 0; reader < NR_OF_READERS; reader++) {
    // Look for new cards

if (mfrc522[reader].PICC_IsNewCardPresent() && mfrc522[reader].PICC_ReadCardSerial()) {
      Serial.print(F("Reader "));
      Serial.print(reader);
      // Show some details of the PICC (that is: the tag/card)
      Serial.print(F(": Card UID:"));
      dump_byte_array(mfrc522[reader].uid.uidByte, mfrc522[reader].uid.size);
      Serial.println();
      Serial.print(F("PICC type: "));
      MFRC522::PICC_Type piccType = mfrc522[reader].PICC_GetType(mfrc522[reader].uid.sak);
      Serial.println(mfrc522[reader].PICC_GetTypeName(piccType));

// Halt PICC
      mfrc522[reader].PICC_HaltA();
      // Stop encryption on PCD
      mfrc522[reader].PCD_StopCrypto1();
    } //if (mfrc522[reader].PICC_IsNewC
  } //for(uint8_t reader
}

/**
   Helper routine to dump a byte array as hex values to Serial.
*/
void dump_byte_array(byte *buffer, byte bufferSize) {
  for (byte i = 0; i < bufferSize; i++) {
    Serial.print(buffer[i] < 0x10 ? " 0" : " ");
    Serial.print(buffer[i], HEX);
  }

if (("Reader 1:") && ("Card UID: 8C DE 63 A9"))
  {
    Serial.println("Authorized access");
  }
  else
  {
    Serial.println("Denied");
  }
}

The out come i get in serial monitor is

Reader 0: Firmware Version: 0x92 = v2.0
Reader 1: Firmware Version: 0x92 = v2.0
Reader 0: Card UID: 8C DE 63 A9Authorized access

PICC type: MIFARE 1KB
Reader 1: Card UID: 8C DE 63 A9Authorized access

PICC type: MIFARE 1KB

What is suppose to happen?

ieee488:
What is suppose to happen?

Well i would like it to say denied for the UID that is not on 'Reader 1', but it is allowing or printing 'Authorized access'

Regards

You need to interpret this if statement so that the arduino can understand.

if (("Reader 1:") && ("Card UID: 8C DE 63 A9"))
  {

Take a look at “strcmp ()” to compare 2 strings.

btw: your if statement is NOT even understood by human.

Thank you, I will have a look at "strcmp ()", after quickly looking it might be best to make a char from the buffer rather then string?
I was wanting a certain card on a certain reader to do a action, but first a simple serial print to monitor saying what reader and uid and then access granted or not was the first step. I think I need to recheck that!!

chefslot:
Thank you, I will have a look at "strcmp ()", after quickly looking it might be best to make a char from the buffer rather then string?
I was wanting a certain card on a certain reader to do a action, but first a simple serial print to monitor saying what reader and uid and then access granted or not was the first step. I think I need to recheck that!!

always use cstring (char array with null-'\0' terminated) because String uses dynamic memory and it is harmful to arduino

arduino_new:
always use cstring (char array with null-'\0' terminated) because String uses dynamic memory and it is harmful to arduino

Thank you, i've kind of lost where is was going now!!