Thoughst on programming Arduino/Raspberry Pi ?

Hi everyone. I am part of a research group from UC Berkeley working on a product involving the Arduino/Raspberry Pi. We are conducting market tests, and would really appreciate your help answering these questions. Thank you for your time!

1. If you use Arduino/Raspberry Pi, how often do you use it? How do you use it? Would you consider it mostly a hobby or do you use it for school/industry as well?
    a.How were you first introduced to it?

2. What are your general thoughts on the Arduino/Raspberry Pi? Did you learn to program by using the Arduino/Raspberry Pi or did you have some prior experience? If you had prior experience, how much? What languages are you well-versed in?

3. Would you be interested in a model-based approach to programming Arduino/Raspberry Pi functions? This would be something akin to Matlab’s Simulink or Labview’s visual programming (flowcharts). The basic idea would be to remove the need to code in C.
    a.If you are not interested, why not?
    b. If you are interested, what specific features would you enjoy?
    c .Do you believe such a tool would be an efficient way to teach/introduce students to programming?

In addition, here is a 1-minute survey (on a similar subject) if you are interested:

Survey: Programming Experience Survey

kevinkss:
Hi everyone. I am part of a research group from UC Berkeley working on a product involving the Arduino/Raspberry Pi. We are conducting market tests, and would really appreciate your help answering these questions. Thank you for your time!

1. If you use Arduino/Raspberry Pi, how often do you use it? How do you use it? Would you consider it mostly a hobby or do you use it for school/industry as well?
    a.How were you first introduced to it?

I got into Arduino a couple of months ago as a hobby. I wanted to learn more about electronics. I spend some time on it just about every day. I read about it in Maker magazine, and a friend demo'd an Arduino project at a local developer's group meeting.

I have not yet used a Raspberry Pi, although I plan on it at some point.,

1. What are your general thoughts on the Arduino/Raspberry Pi? Did you learn to program by using the Arduino/Raspberry Pi or did you have some prior experience? If so how much? What languages are you well-versed in?

I am really enjoying the Arduino (Mega 2560, in my case.) It makes prototyping projects really easy to do. Lots of IO lines that can be digital or analog, regulated power on the board, etc. Plus the IDE is quite easy to use.

I've been programming in various languages for over 30 years. I'm well versed in C and Objective C, know C++ passably well, know Pascal, BASIC, and various assembly languages (although I have learned to dislike BASIC). I also studied Lua briefly and thought it was an elegant little language.

1. Would you be interested in a model-based approach to programming Arduino/Raspberry Pi functions? This would be something akin to Matlab’s Simulink or Labview’s visual programming (flowcharts). The basic idea would be to remove the need to code in C.
    a.If you are not interested, why not?
    b. If you are interested, what specific features would you enjoy?
    c .Do you believe such a tool would be an efficient way to teach/introduce students to programming?

No! Such things invariably limit what you can do, and end up getting in the way of doing real work. I am fluent in C and would much rather use that than a model-based development approach. I could see the value as a teaching tool, but personally I would avoid it.

In addition, here is a 1-minute survey (on a similar subject) if you are interested:

Survey: Programming Experience Survey

kevinkss:
Hi everyone. I am part of a research group from UC Berkeley working on a product involving the Arduino/Raspberry Pi. We are conducting market tests,

This is at best cheeky and at worst SPAM.

I don't like the idea of you expecting to clutter up this Forum's servers with your questions and answers.

By all means post a short message saying you are carrying out a survey and including a link to your questionnaire. But don't post the questions here.

Reporting to Moderator.

...R

Thank you for your response

I am sorry to make you upset.

I am just trying to ask several questions in the forum and hope if possible that people see the post can fill out the survey. If you really don't want to fill out the survey or answer the question I post, it's acceptable.

kevinkss
Appreciate for your response, I will do my best to modify this problem next time