Tilt system

Hello

I want to build a tilt system. The object weight of the tilt platform is between 100 grams and 1 kilogram. What kind of motor should I use? I only has to tilt a few degrees. (10 or so).

Will a default servo motor do the job? When I search for tilt motors I find pan/tilt projects. But my platform doesn't need to rotate, only tilt a few degrees. Are there motors that do this?

And will 5 volt be enough to tilt 1 kilogram? Or will I need external power source?

Thanks for advice.

Another option is to get the motor to drive a threaded rod.

You could organize for a servo to drive a lever system so that the force of the servo is multiplied. For example if the table needs to move 10 deg and the servo can move 90 deg you could get a 9 to 1 multiplication.

You have not told us what sort of control you need for the angle of the table.

...R

Hi,
What is the application?
Can you use Robin2 suggestion of an actuator system pushing one edge of the table up.
Does the table pivot in the middle or at one edge.
Do you need angle feedback? It sounds like you do.

Tom… :slight_smile:

Carharttguy:
Hello

I want to build a tilt system. The object weight of the tilt platform is between 100 grams and 1 kilogram. What kind of motor should I use? I only has to tilt a few degrees. (10 or so).

Will a default servo motor do the job? When I search for tilt motors I find pan/tilt projects. But my platform doesn't need to rotate, only tilt a few degrees. Are there motors that do this?

And will 5 volt be enough to tilt 1 kilogram? Or will I need external power source?

Thanks for advice.

Suggest you post a sketch of the geometry of the platform with dimensions,
or learn how to calculate torque yourself - the weight of the load isn't enough,
the "moment" or "torque" is everything and depends on the line of action relative to the
axis of rotation.

Friction can be important too, generally you have to have a good feel for how much
safety-factor to allow for overcoming friction.

If you have the actual platform you also have the option of measuring the torque
directly with a spring balance and back-of-envelope calculation.