Time delayed candy dispenser

I would like to make a candy dispenser for a candy addicted friend.

It would be like any regular push-button or motion activated candy dispenser like for example.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Candy-Wizard-Automatic-Dispenser/dp/B005FSJC5G

With one catch, the machine should only be able to dispense candy once per day. Can this be easily done with an Arduino? Does this project already exist?

Schwizer

Yes, this can easily be done in code.

Have you got an idea about what hardware you want to use. If you have links to their specs, we would be glad to review them.

you could also put in a challenge e.g. give him 5 seconds to type in the answer to a multiplication

(warning might drive him mad :wink:

You can use millis() millisecond tick to tell one whole day has passed. You will need a real time clock such as DS1307 so arduino knows when in the day.

You need to hack the motor and sensor so that arduino will control the motor when the sensor is triggered and it has been a whole day or more.

I prefer a shock treatment. He has to stick his hand inside to activate the switch. 50% of the time he will get a shock.

Would I be looking at 12V AC-DC or could I get 1 year from a battery solution? I don’t actually know enough about Arduino to hack this together myself but I quite like the idea. Was kinda hoping someone had already done something similar><. I’d even be willing to buy one if this exists pre-made.

I have plenty of candy addicted friends and I’m a fan of cruel and unusual punishment.

Schwizer

So you need a "Candy Dispenser" which gonna give a candy per day (every 24 hours). In my opinion the project depends on what kind of candy you gonna use so let's say you gonna use standard side candy round, square, half or 1inch / 1~2cm long candy.

1st You need a box which you gonna put your candy inside, arduino, real time clock (electronic real time clock for arduino there is on ebay a lot of them) and a 5kg/cm servo will be good.

2nd Make a pretty box with a hole (candy size hole) which gonna have under it a mini (same size as hole) candy box, the candy gonna fall in that box and every 24 hour the servo gonna push a candy outside so your friend could grab and eat it, after that the servo gonna go back and next candy gonna fall in the hole and so on and on.

Cover the bottom of the candy box in the way you cover all the electronics inside and let only a tiny hole for the candy so your friend could grab it.

D.60

On a lighter side, just use a deer feeder.

two things,

this is for that panic attack :

http://tinyurl.com/qx7jlu2

second,

http://tinyurl.com/oc7hysg

this will make days go by between feedings,,, er... cravings..

the most common cause of a candy fix is lack of sugar. the simplest cure is adding more magnesium to the diet.

this will make days go by between feedings,,, er... cravings..

the most common cause of a candy fix is lack of sugar. the simplest cure is adding more magnesium to the diet.

What the fork :D

I don't think there is a sugar loss in his body, maybe he just like to eat candy (kid) all kids like candy's