Time library for arduino ide 1.6.7

I need a time library that works with Arduino ide 1.6.7

Can somebody help with this!!? how come suddenly one of the most important library stop working with the latest IDE!!

rikymidnight:
how come suddenly one of the most important library stop working with the latest IDE!!

How come people in this forum are cross-posting around the forum, even if it is forbidden by forum rules?

See here:

This is one of the most important rules of the forum: Do not cross-post!

Cross-Posting is bad!

How come that I see people send cross-postings?

I don't need any shitty cross-postings in this forum.

Please explain what will help against seeing the same question in different forums here at Arduino.cc on the same day!

P.S.: I think in the other thread you already had been told:
Send me your computer, so I can see your code and the error messages.

This means (I think he doesn't expect your computer actually):

• send full source code of an example sketch that creates the compile error.
  • post all messages your system creates when compiling
    (for doing so, in the "File - Preferences" activate "Show verbose output during compilation"!)
    The full compile messages might help someone to identify which file causes the problem.

rikymidnight:
Can somebody help with this!!? how come suddenly one of the most important library stop working with the latest IDE!!

Because the Time library was using the wrong progmem syntax.
It happens to work with the older avr compiler tools but not with the newer tools.

Unfortunately, this incorrect syntax as been promoted for years, including on the Arduino web site.
If you update the code to use the correct syntax, it works with both the older tools and the newer tools.

The updates are pretty minimal and take only a few minutes.

If you are unwilling to do the updates yourself, you can grab a version of the Time library from the Teensy site:
Note: some of the examples have been changed from the original library like the example to set the RTC time (I preferred the old way of doing it)
https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_libs.html

You will have to go get it from the github repository. If you get the zip image instead of a git clone, you will need to extract the zip into your “libraries” directory and then rename the directory it creates to “Time”. Same for the TimeAlarms library.

Also, if you have your browser set to disable old and non secure TLS sessions, you will have to alter your browser settings to allow non secure TLS sessions since the pjrc.com is using an old/outdated non secure TLS protocol.
Fortunately? Most browsers are configured by default to allow these old and non secure TLS/https sessions so most people will not see this issue.
(The NSA just loves this default setting…)

— bill