Time library - is not easily available

Hi All.

First, sorry for what may seem like whining - I am very thankful for all the code and Libraries that are available - this Arduino system and community are awesome and I really appreciate it all.

I will be using a DS1302 for a project and when I go to the page for the "Time" library (http://playground.arduino.cc/Code/Time) it leads you to a private commercial web page for the current version and then the Time library is not directly available there but seems to require that you install some Teensyduino installer in order to get the Time library. I realize that PS is a maintainer and major contributor to this library and others, but it just seems to me that there is something wrong with this current arrangement. It just seems that a common library we are "sharing" shouldn't be off on a commercial webpage that requires installation of software that I don't want that is intended for a commercial product that is not Arduino and will not be used. It seems like this current setup is very much intended to steer you onto that website and force you to install unwanted software and bring your attention to Teensyduino. I have no idea what Teensyduino installer may do to my current setup and don't want to find out, and don't want that added to my system.

It looks like the Time library was available directly in the past, but for newer versions that has been redirected as indicated above.

Am I the only one who thinks this is wrong? Shouldn't there be a copy of the current Time library that is available standalone? Why can't the maintainer split out just the Time library as a zip? If this is available somewhere and I missed it (I just followed the obvious links), could someone please hit me with a link.

Thanks.

Here it is: GitHub - PaulStoffregen/Time: Time library for Arduino. The download is https://github.com/PaulStoffregen/Time/archive/master.zip. I agree that would be a better link on the playground. You can also install it by Sketch > Include Library > Manage Libraries... > type time in to the search box > scroll down until you get to the Time library > Install. It would also be good to add those instructions to the Playground page.

Thanks! I had seen the github thing but as a casual user I don't know github and which thing to download. thanks for these links. Yes, it would make it much clearer if some of this could get put on the Playground page.

Thanks again!

Are you dead set a DS1302? It's not DS's current offering and the wiring's a pita. A 1307 or 3231 are much easier to use since they're I2C and the 3231 is very very accurate.

JimboZA:
Are you dead set a DS1302? It's not DS's current offering and the wiring's a pita. A 1307 or 3231 are much easier to use since they're I2C and the 3231 is very very accurate.

Thanks. Was just going to try a module from ebay for $1. I'm already using I2C LCD modules so your tip is very well taken! I had previously used an Xicor x1226 (I2C) but it is no longer available. Thanks.