time out error while loading

hi guys,

why do i get a time out error when LOADING the object code?

vrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer

should i reset arduino? or any solution?

sunilv

Have you selected the right hardware and port from the IDE menu setup?

thx. i have been loading this same code many times, which worked before. i ran another voice module code in between to test it. and switched back to my old code, which gave me the error.

i have my statement SoftwareSerial BT(1,0); (which worked before)

and i i dont think its a loop('while') error either, as i commented out the voice module altogether. also i ran a very simple pgm - still it gives me the error!

yes hardware is correct.

That's an avrdude issue. It has to do with the computer communicating with the board to do the upload. It has nothing to do with your code. If the process got to that point then there were no errors in the code.

It usually means:

1. Bad connection to the board on the USB cable
  2. Wrong port or board selected in the IDE
  3. Some other application on the computer hijacking and blocking the COM port.

thx.

""""3. Some other application on the computer hijacking and blocking the COM port"""

how do i figure this out?

and whats the solution?

i tried almost everything, logically.

is is that i need to re-load arduino? going back to day 1? (fortunately I have backed up my programs)

1. unplug the Arduino board.
  2. close the IDE.
  3. plug the Arduino board back in.
  4. Restart the IDE and verify connection to a comm port.
  5. open and re-verify the sketch.
  6. upload the sketch.

tried the latest suggestion. no luck.

the error now has settled down to ""An error occurred while uploading the sketch""

maybe the cable faulty, which worked all this time?

SunilV: i have my statement SoftwareSerial BT(1,0); (which worked before)

So you're using SoftwareSerial on the hardware serial pins? Leo..

Wawa/Leo yes RX and TX on arduino. it seems the code is blocking the port COM3. even if i run a blank sketch still i am unable to load. (this is a surprise) i copied from a voice program existing in the system the above code. maybe this statement is blocking the port(??!!!). my voice commands gets executed perfectly thro android/bluetooth/blueterm. could you pl. clarify whether this statement is wrong and connections to RX/TX incorrect? i think like Windows 10 beta version had so many bugs, is this a 'bug' in arduno/ardude which should be resolved by system programmers?

Pin 0 (RX) and 1 (TX) are used for communication with the computer. A bluetooth device connected to the same pins will interfere with that. Connect the BT device to different pins. (see the examples that come with the IDE). Post your full code, and a wiring diagram/picture. Leo..

most tutorials mentions RX, TX of HC-05 to be connected to TX and RX of arduino. anyway robot works fine with voice command and IR and Ultasonic sensors.

SunilV:
most tutorials mentions RX, TX of HC-05 to be connected to TX and RX of arduino.

Link…

The TX pin of the BT device will most likely interfere with the USB serial chip.
Disconnect at least that pin while uploading a new sketch.

You did ofcourse use use a level converter on the BT RX pin.
Leo…

always disconnected both TX and RX as you can never load a sketch. however i still i get the error. the executable surprisingly has the latest time and date. anyway i will no longer bother as the robot works fine. thx leo.