Time to get designing.

http://app.snapapp.com/simplyavrcontest?utm_campaign=March_2014_Newsletter.html

Who may Enter
This Contest is open to any person who is:
Not a resident of Italy, Cuba, Iran, Syria, North Korea, Myanmar (formerly Burma), Sudan, the province of Quebec in Canada, or anywhere this Contest is prohibited or limited under local law.

Wowsers! What did the Québécois do to piss off Atmel?

[quote author=Coding Badly link=topic=230052.msg1660235#msg1660235 date=1396333413] Wowsers! What did the Québécois do to piss off Atmel? [/quote] Ha, I did not notice the small print. Strange it is limited to one particular province unless Quebec are independent. I also wonder what the problem is with Italy.

Riva: [quote author=Coding Badly link=topic=230052.msg1660235#msg1660235 date=1396333413] Wowsers! What did the Québécois do to piss off Atmel?

Ha, I did not notice the small print. Strange it is limited to one particular province unless Quebec are independent. I also wonder what the problem is with Italy. [/quote]

I believe the problem with Italy is a very corrupt customs department and the inability of any kind of tracking to find problems with deliveries. At least that is my impression reading from many E-bay sellers.

Maybe they're preventing Massimo from entering. XD "I made a development platform used by zillions of makers." Kinda hard to beat that for us mere mortals!

My latest AVR-based project is a board that takes a 12v trigger output from a multichannel AV preamp and sends power / input-select codes via IR LED to a 7-channel power amp. Translation: When a pin goes high, it blinks an LED. When it goes low again, it blinks an LED.

Yep. Massimo wins. ;)

Quebec has their own rules for contests, which aren't quite compatible with the rest of the world: http://www.theloop.ca/news/all/you-ask/article/-/a/3181408/Why-is-Quebec-excluded-from-contests-

Any idea when this competition ends?

Although, you did post it on April 1, maybe Quebec is invited.

pYro_65: Any idea when this competition ends?

The details are in the T&C but quoted below...

Atmel Corporation’s Simply AVR Design Contest begins March 31, 2014, and ends September 30, 2014, at 11:59 pm Pacific Standard Time. By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to the rules of the Contest and represents that he or she is 18 years old or older.

Wow, I wonder if you can even get AVR in North Korea.

So far there are 3 stand out projects for my tastes…
3D-PAD
Ball on Plate Apparatus
Motion Detection with screen region selectable