Time to move

I'd be the first to admit I'm getting old and crotchety and my tolerance for minor irritations is getting lower, but isn't it about time that the two Italian threads "[OT ITA] Lo spamm bar" and "[OT] PIC, 8051, MCU e CPU varie" were moved to the Italian forum where they belong? For the umpteenth time I've seen the main forum page indicate that there's new stuff in the Bar Sport group, only to find that it is only either or both of those threads.

Just saying.

Pete

;D ;D ;D
This is Bar Sport section, it born for specific reason.
The two italian topics that you speak about are the two best Bar Sport topics ever :slight_smile:

One upon a time, a long time ago, our spam was everywhere. Threads with solution found in 3 or 4 post get full of deviated discussion, and for topic bigger is was a mess; sometimes even who had given the solution was usable to find its answer again.

Then, with a great effert of everyone, we decided to keep the threads as clean as possible, the "[OT ITA] Lo spamm bar" was born. And it was in the Italian section.

Problem was that.. every post made there, was counted (look at your post count, the "Bar Sport" is the only section that never increase it!) and the MOD/ADMIN decided that was NOT fair; so the discussion has been moved here.

Something similar is for the thread about non-arduino MCU, it was considered spam and it is/was full of flamewar, but at the same time it is filled with interesting notion and information, so thanks to the openess of mind of the arduino administrator this discussion is still open, but has been moved here.

and everybody spammed happy all day long

OK, but why can't the Italian forums have the equivalent of a Bar Sport group?
Also, how do other languages handle it? I notice that the French group has "Le bar" and the Spanish group has "Humor y Debate". Do they work the same as the English Bar Sport?

Pete

I too have had the same thoughts as the OP.

Weedpharma

I will post in Le Bar and see if my post count increases...

edit... it does not increase, so no reason why there couldn't be an Italian equivalent?

The decision to place these threads in the Bar Sport section was took from mods/admin, not from Italian users ... i don't see any specific reason for which any other users can decide to move them (except for a decision from mods/admin for the reasons they prefer) ... maybe it's simply more easy to keep them there for not increase post counters, who know ?

I don't know why Italian section don't have an equivalent section of Bar Sport ... also considering that, after all, "Bar Sport" IS an Italian "trademark" and "brand name", well known around all the world (... uhm ... maybe Italian section can ask for royalties, for this ? ... :stuck_out_tongue: :grin:) ...

And about "new posts notifications", there's so much errors in the forum scripts actually ("unread posts" working randomly and erratic, PM notifications and dropdown menu in forum section not working correctly, scripts randomly failing, unsubscribe not working correctly, wrong and dangerous "googleapis sh*t" everywhere, and so on to an endless list), that i don't see the point, til you don't fix first all them ... at least ...

el_supremo:
OK, but why can't the Italian forums have the equivalent of a Bar Sport group?
Also, how do other languages handle it? I notice that the French group has "Le bar" and the Spanish group has "Humor y Debate". Do they work the same as the English Bar Sport?

Pete

Ok, we found the problem.
This Bar Sport section is not an English undersection. This is the global Arduino Bar Section. The English/Usa language do not have a specific language section, so he think that this is the English section. But is not.

The right way is not move the italian Bar Sport topic under the italian language, but move all Bar Sport Topics (spanish, french, etc) here.

The Italian moderator, and admin, start whit this correct philisophy before the other.

Testato:
The right way is not move the italian Bar Sport topic under the italian language, but move all Bar Sport Topic (spanish, french, etc) here.

Yes !!!

nid69ita:
Yes !!!

I agree :slight_smile:

certainly misunderstanding in the topic title
may be "time to lose"

(you "lose" a game play, you "waste" your time
well, one dude could always insert more coins)

mjolly:
... "time to lose"

To lose what ? ... who win, then ?

But, more important ... how much money i win, if i win ? ... :grin: :grin: :grin:

in the Bar Sport the Time is never Loosed :wink:

mjolly:
certainly misunderstanding in the topic title
may be "time to lose"

because people start debating and arrive at a different conclusion than your does not mean this time has been lost.. you should be proud to have noticed this inconsistancy in the forum and started a debate about this!

i like your propose to move the spambar into italian setion, under "megathread" subsection! :grin: :grin:

mjolly:
Humor for sale on ebay.

Here is free :grin:

Fallen in love with Japanese anime, it's time to watch キルラキル. Never have a japanese snack! Your stomach will thank. X_____X

In Italy the japanese food is illegal :smiley:

Testato:

Also "Tentacle Grape Soda" ?

:smiley_cat: :smiley_cat: :smiley_cat:

Testato:

It's very expensive :smiley:

Thanks, 65€ of tax for the Renzi premier :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: