TimeNTP doesn't compile on Arduino 1.01

I’m trying to use the example sketch TimeNTP that comes with Timer.h, but I get this error when I compile:

n file included from TimeNTP.cpp:10:
/Volumes/srgshare/Arduino Sketches/libraries/UDP/UdpBytewise.h:70: error: conflicting return type specified for ‘virtual void UdpBytewiseClass::write(uint8_t)’
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/Print.h:48: error: overriding ‘virtual size_t Print::write(uint8_t)’

I’ve attached the two files TimeNTP.ino and Time.h that are part of the example.

TimeNTP.ino (3.38 KB)

Time.h (5.47 KB)

I'm trying to use the example sketch TimeNTP that comes with Timer.h, but I get this error when I compile:

So, why don't you fix it? The compiler is telling you exactly which file contains the error, and exactly where in the file the error is, and exactly what the error is. Fix the offending line.

It's not clear to me how to fix this. I'm somewhat of a beginner and I don't have any experience with classes.

It's not clear to me how to fix this.

I don't really know how to make it much plainer. But, I'll try.

Open UdpBytewise.h in your favorite text editor. Go to line 70. Change void to size_t. Save the change.

Thanks I'll try it out when I get back to my computer.

PaulS: Open UdpBytewise.h in your favorite text editor. Go to line 70. Change void to size_t. Save the change.

That solved the error, but now I get a bunch of errors in w5100.h. A little google searching found this NTP code which I'm going to try instead. It compiles fine, I just haven't tested it yet.

The UdpNtpClient sketch in the ethernet examples works for me if I disable or remove my microSD card from the slot.