Timer 0 overflow

Hi all,

I am having some issues with interrupts getting delayed. Disabling timer 0 overflow apparently solves the issue, but breaks a few other functions. Can someone give me a bit more information on timer 0, for example how often does it overflow?

It is used for the timing of millis(). There should be an interrupt routine in the library somewhere, that is called now and then to update the millis() value.

Peter_n: It is used for the timing of millis(). There should be an interrupt routine in the library somewhere, that is called now and then to update the millis() value.

Do you have an idea how often does it overflow? I cant find anything on the subject.

I believe: It is used for micros() also, so interrupts about every 4uS I think. (16 clocks) And rolls over every ~71 minutes (2^32-1uS) / (60 sec/min) / (1000000uS/sec) = 71.58 min

I say that because when I was experimenting with blasting out 45 bytes SPI data at 8 MHz, I would see these odd pauses in my data, that occurred with periodic regularity - I ended up turning off interrupts while the data went out so it could conclude in time for a 20 KHz clock signal to latch it. Very tight timing!