Timer/Chronometer

I have a project to make including a timer/chronometer changeable with a switch which counts from 0 to 999 on a multiplexed 3-digit display with common cathode... I have no idea how to start... If someone can help me.

Thank you.

Start by writing a simple program to do the count and show the results in the Arduino Serial Monitor.

If you can't get that to work then post the code and we will try to help.

...R

Is it a timer or a counter?

Counting's pretty simple: you can do that with a variable in a for loop.

But timing's another kettle of fish altogether I'd say.

So I found this code online… I did the connections on the breadboard and it’s working… but only one problem … while it’s counting on the 3 digits the leds are flashing very fast… like they are turning on and off very fast… I have no ideea why …

tutorialw6s2_7segmentdisplay4digits.zip (2.17 KB)

bogdan3220: So I found this code online.. I did the connections on the breadboard and it's working.. but only one problem ... while it's counting on the 3 digits the leds are flashing very fast.. like they are turning on and off very fast... I have no ideea why ..

they are flickering ... how can I solve this? I tried the delay function between the segments but it doesn't work.

I tried the delay function between the segments but it doesn't work.

I changed by code. I'm not going to show it to you.

It does something. I'm not going to tell you what.

I want it to do something. I'm not going to tell you what.

I'm only going to tell you what what is does is not what I want.

Did I sum up your last post correctly?

I'm sorry I'm new on arduino and I don't know how to explain better.. but thanks .. that was helpful .. jeez

I don't know how to explain better

You did not post your latest code. Surely, you can figure out how to resolve THAT issue.