timer or counter

Hello everybody,

I’m new in Arduino and try to find my way thought programming.

Project:

I want to measure how many seconds (milli) a car is driving between point 1 and point 2 (points are laserbeams and a LDR-S When the LDR output of point 1 shows a number <200 then a stopwatch has to start shown the stopwatch starttime on a lcd i2c (on row 1). When the car drives thought point 2 (also a laserbeam and a LDR) the stopwatch time has to stop.

Who knows how to programm this or is there somewhere a written code. I found some codes but the have to many parameters

Eric

Image from Original Post so we don’t have to download it. See this Image Guide

f754afbecab9fb993a9a7ef34bd6a5223b77e8d3.jpg

…R

When the car passes point 1 (LDR1 output < 200) save the time from millis().
When the car passes point 2 (LDR2 output < 200) save the time from millis().

Now you can calculate the elapsed time between the start and end time in milliseconds and display it in any form you like.

I don’t understand what you want to display when the car passes point 1

If this was my project I would connect up the LDR so it causes an Arduino pin to show HIGH when it is illuminated, otherwise LOW. If you arrange it to work with a digital I/O pin it will make the programming simpler and the timing more accurate.

Start by writing a short program that reads the I/O pin regularly (say 2 times per second) and shows the value in the Arduino Serial Monitor. There is no point writing a more complex program until that works properly.

...R

Many LDRs are slow to respond, a photodiode or phototransistor is way quicker and more suitable for timing.