TimerOne Library & ATmega8

Dear Friends, I am using IDE Arduino 1.6.6 , board: Arduino NG or older, Processer: ATmega8, Programer: Arduino as ISP When I Verify simple Led blink sketch there is no error But when include TimerOne Library, its gives below error message. error: 'TIMER1_A_PIN' was not declared in this scope if (pin == TIMER1_A_PIN) OCR1A = dutyCycle; error: 'TIMER1_A_PIN' was not declared in this scope if (pin == TIMER1_A_PIN) { pinMode(TIMER1_A_PIN, OUTPUT); TCCR1A |= _BV(COM1A1); } error: 'TIMER1_A_PIN' was not declared in this scope if (pin == TIMER1_A_PIN) TCCR1A &= ~_BV(COM1A1); error: 'TIMSK1' was not declared in this scope TIMSK1 = _BV(TOIE1); error: 'TIMSK1' was not declared in this scope TIMSK1 = 0; Please suggest to solving this Thanks

the error message might not be meaningful if you have a syntax error before post your code or proofread what's before for accuracy

I am unable to Upload sketch

exit status 1

Error compiling.

The error is on line 42 of the code that wasn’t posted.

To post code and/or error messages:

1. Use CTRL-T in the Arduino IDE to autoformat your code.
  2. Paste the autoformatted code between code tags (the </> button)
    so that we can easily see and deal with your code.
  3. Paste the complete error message between code tags (the </> button)
    so that we can easily see and deal with your messages.

Before posting again, you should read the three locked topics at the top of the Programming Questions forum, and any links to which these posts point.

Good Luck!

The Timer One library does not support the Atmega8.

The ATmega8 timers are different than the AtmegaXX8.