Tiny Basic computer

ive been working on building a computer that runs tiny BASIC with my arduino leonardo. ive looked up multiple tutorials on how to do this. however, i cannot find a tutorial anywhere with a diagram on how to wire the necessary components to a breadboard to make a computer for this. if anyone can link me to a tutorial on how, or give me directions that while push me in the right direction, it'd be very much appreciated.

What are these "necessary components"?

groundFungus:
What are these "necessary components"?

That's obviously the OP's question. Perhaps the question's not phrased to your satisfaction, but it reads to me that the OP is asking for a circuit.

There was just such an article recently on Instructables. Attached if it’s any use to you. For further advice you might want to be a bit more specific.

Arduino Basic PC.pdf (355 KB)

Build Your Own Arduino-Based BASIC Computer for Just a Few Dollars.pdf (411 KB)

havingFunSoFar:
That's obviously the OP's question. Perhaps the question's not phrased to your satisfaction, but it reads to me that the OP is asking for a circuit.

Wow!

DKWatson:
Wow!

English is a rich language, there are an infinite number of ways to ask things and sometimes our fingers are faster than our minds, and apart perhaps from things legal where tiny nuances matter, a bit of lee-way (read as: common sense) should always play a part in interpreting what people say.

But let's see what the OP has to say.

1 Like

Well then, since I am so dense, I bow out and this one is all yours.

groundFungus:
Well then, since I am so dense, I bow out and this one is all yours.

I'm not taking it either: if I had a solution I would have given it. Don't be so sensitive: 1000s of posts gives you no right to be snide just because there's a tiny bit of wiggle-room in someone's question.

(My experience with tiny Basic is limited to a plug-in chip on my Z80 Micro Professor, c1982.)

havingFunSoFar:
1000s of posts gives you no right to be snide just because there's a tiny bit of wiggle-room in someone's question.

I would expect someone (meaning the OP) who has a realistic expectation of building a working "computer that runs tiny BASIC with my arduino leonardo" to understand the need for details.

There is a difference between "wiggle-room" and "inventing what the OP failed to tell us"

...R

(deleted)

First off WELCOME to the Forum !
very glad you are interested and that you took that first step to hit the POST button.

we are mostly software and hardware junkies and when you say a word, that often means a VERY specific thing.

as you can tell by Spycatcher2k's post, the bits and pieces that she listed might be used with a 'tiny basic' computer on an Arduino Leonardo, and is somewhat specific. We live in the details.

Can you give us more details ?

are you interested so just started looking ? have none of the components ?
do you have a specific thing you are having problems with ?

a bit of your background/knowledge would help us put answers on your level.

if you are just beginning, it may be better to post what you want to do with the tinyBasic computer. we might be able to give you pointers or tips of the parts required and let you know the parts you do not need.

Relax and have fun !

and steer us back if we get off track, many a thread starts with 'how to solar charge a battery to run an LED'. and winds up with what color LED and it is easier to buy a flashlight......