TinyGps location problem

hi
i have a problem FOR DAYS with getting the lang and lon from the gps

using a tinygps library example.

i searched and some say maybe because i’m inside a buliding forthat, i tried it close to a window and outside
but also nothing happened.
the attached antenna is not enough for seeing satellite indoors?

im using
Arduino UNO (Keyestudio manufacture)

NEO-6m-0-001 GPS
TX - PIN 10
RX- not conn
GND-GND
VCC-5V

#include <TinyGPS++.h>
#include <SoftwareSerial.h>
/*
   This sample sketch demonstrates the normal use of a TinyGPS++ (TinyGPSPlus) object.
   It requires the use of SoftwareSerial, and assumes that you have a
   4800-baud serial GPS device hooked up on pins 4(rx) and 3(tx).
*/

// The TinyGPS++ object
TinyGPSPlus gps;

// The serial connection to the GPS device
SoftwareSerial ss(10, 11);

void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(57600);
  ss.begin(9600);

Serial.println(F("DeviceExample.ino"));
  Serial.println(F("A simple demonstration of TinyGPS++ with an attached GPS module"));
  Serial.print(F("Testing TinyGPS++ library v. ")); Serial.println(TinyGPSPlus::libraryVersion());
  Serial.println(F("by Mikal Hart"));
  Serial.println();
}

void loop()
{
  // This sketch displays information every time a new sentence is correctly encoded.
  while (ss.available() > 0)
    if (gps.encode(ss.read()))
      displayInfo();

if (millis() > 5000 && gps.charsProcessed() < 10)
  {
    Serial.println(F("No GPS detected: check wiring."));
    while(true);
  }
}

void displayInfo()
{
  Serial.print(F("Location: ")); 
  if (gps.location.isValid())
  {
    Serial.print(gps.location.lat(), 6);
    Serial.print(F(","));
    Serial.print(gps.location.lng(), 6);
  }
  else
  {
    Serial.print(F("INVALID"));
  }

Serial.print(F("  Date/Time: "));
  if (gps.date.isValid())
  {
    Serial.print(gps.date.month());
    Serial.print(F("/"));
    Serial.print(gps.date.day());
    Serial.print(F("/"));
    Serial.print(gps.date.year());
  }
  else
  {
  }

Serial.print(F(" "));
  if (gps.time.isValid())
  {
    if (gps.time.hour() < 10) Serial.print(F("0"));
    Serial.print(gps.time.hour());
    Serial.print(F(":"));
    if (gps.time.minute() < 10) Serial.print(F("0"));
    Serial.print(gps.time.minute());
    Serial.print(F(":"));
    if (gps.time.second() < 10) Serial.print(F("0"));
    Serial.print(gps.time.second());
    Serial.print(F("."));
    if (gps.time.centisecond() < 10) Serial.print(F("0"));
    Serial.print(gps.time.centisecond());
  }
  else
  {
  }

Serial.println();
}

output attached

thank you in advance.

Many GPS devices cannot see satellites unless they are outside with a clear view of much of the sky. A window may help but not always, especially not if it has a metal frame or a metal window screen.

Please try outdoors or at least print what information your GPS device is giving to you.

Good Luck!

i went outside and also no luck !

and i attached the gps raw data obtained.
:frowning:

Which GPS are you using?

All those ,,,,,,,,, indicate your GPS does not have satellite info yet.
You may have to wait several minutes for it to acquire a satellite and then get ephemeris data for other satellites to be able to calculate it's position. It can be quite a few minutes.

I used a GPS/GPSM module from DFRobot, I can send it a command to only respond when asked.
The SIM908 here: https://www.dfrobot.com/index.php?route=product/search&description=true&search=sim908Thus I can limit the blast of raw data to a limited amount and only when I want data. Read the datasheet on yours, see if similar is possible.
I monitor mine on startup, it sends a couple of status messages, if I don't get good status I restart, usually the 2nd start status comes back good. I think lack of network connectivity for texting may prevent the first start from being good every once in a while. Then I ping it every 30 seconds until good GPS data starts coming out, once it has good data I can ping it as often as needed. I have seen it take quite a few minutes for good GPS data - of course that's in my living room with trees in front of the windows, and when the trees are wet it really hampers the unit from getting good data. But when it does, it's pretty solid. It does much better sitting on my passenger seat driving around.

I bought an SIM808 also, but haven't tried it yet.

CrossRoads:
All those ,,,,,,,,, indicate your GPS does not have satellite info yet.
You may have to wait several minutes for it to acquire a satellite and then get ephemeris data for other satellites to be able to calculate it's position. It can be quite a few minutes.

i will try it in another place and ill post what happen

SOLVED !

i Went down the street and it worked like a charm!

I tried on the terrace but still, it is coming 0.0000 for both latitude and longitude. I did this with the example of tinyGPS++ -> DeviceExample .
can anyone help me please

not_so_perfect_ever:
I tried on the terrace but still, it is coming 0.0000 for both latitude and longitude. I did this with the example of tinyGPS++ -> DeviceExample .
can anyone help me please

Best to start your own thread rather than tack onto the end of an almost 4 year old one.

And when you do that, describe your setup so that the forum can understand what equipment you are using, such as the Arduino and GPS type, plus say where your doing your testing, whilst you probably know where 'on the terrace' is, I doubt anyone else does.