TinyUSBboard and serial.print

Hello, first of all sorry if I chose the wrong section, if so please move the thread.

I've been tinkering for a while, and I am now approaching Arduino for the first time. Since I like building boards, I went for a 6$ kit on Tindie ( tinyUSBboard Home ), which basically consists of an ATMega8 running at 16MHz, directly connected to USB.

I can upload sketches just fine, following the instructions on the developer's website, but I can't use Serial.print or anything regarding Serial.

Since this board is different than Arduino boards, do I need to configure something else in order to be capable of printing something via serial?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

(deleted)

Did you even read what the post was about?

(deleted)

totalnoob43:
Hello, first of all sorry if I chose the wrong section, if so please move the thread.

I've been tinkering for a while, and I am now approaching Arduino for the first time. Since I like building boards, I went for a 6$ kit on Tindie ( tinyUSBboard Home ), which basically consists of an ATMega8 running at 16MHz, directly connected to USB.

I can upload sketches just fine, following the instructions on the developer's website, but I can't use Serial.print or anything regarding Serial.

Since this board is different than Arduino boards, do I need to configure something else in order to be capable of printing something via serial?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hi totalnoob.
While Arudino uses a USB-to-serial converter connected to the serial pins of the chip, the tinyUSBboard uses it own USB.
That is why you can't use more than serial in arudino, but why serial-out works over USB.
TinyUSBboard can do both (at the same time): serial and USB.

Connect something (serialport/serial converter) to the Serial-Pins of the tinyUSBboard, and you will see your data coming out.

BR vouvoume