TinyWireM examples will not compile

hello I have been trying without success to get an I2C lcd to work on my attiny85
i was tried to compile all examples none will compile anyone know what is wrong
im using arduino IDE 1.6.9 on a windows 10 64 bit computer

(deleted)

sir the error message is way to large it will not let me post it

Click the “Reply” button and you will see a link “Attachments and other options”. This will allow you to attach the error messages as a txt file.

Then put it in a file and attach that.

Also, you need to tell us which core you’re using, and which version of TinyWireM you’re using (link to it) - github has led to a proliferation of identically named, yet substantially different, versions of common libraries.

If you’re using my core, you should be using the version from my github repo.

what is the name of your core DrAzzy ? i would love to try anythig that will work... it will have to have send and receive thoe

im using the ATtiny Microcontrollers core that comes with arduino 1.6.9

and I did try to show the errors that way and it said my file was more than 9000 characters

and would not post

GitHub - SpenceKonde/ATTinyCore: Arduino core for ATtiny 1634, 828, x313, x4, x41, x5, x61, x7 and x8 or using the board manager url in my signature.

It's tested with this version of TinyWireM

You can attach the error if you put it I n to a text file and attach that.

thank you ill get it rite now

well i installed your core im just not sure which one it is i have like 5 different ones lol but I tried them all… still getting errors …This is very frustrating i have no problems with the megas just these tiny avr’s

Im not very bright at times i see now it's ATtinyCore Universal

C:\Users\Brandon\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\ATTinyCore\hardware\avr\1.1.1\libraries\Wire\Wire.cpp:85:3: error: 'TWBR' was not declared in this scope

TWBR = ((F_CPU / frequency) - 16) / 2;

doesthis mean anything ?

it looked like it might be important

i managed to condense the errors a lot and this is what was left

Arduino: 1.6.9 (Windows 10), Board: "ATtiny x5 series, CPU, ATtiny85, 8 MHz (internal), B.O.D. Disabled"

TWBR = ((F_CPU / frequency) - 16) / 2;

^

Using library TinyWireM in folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\TinyWireM (legacy)
Using library arduino_831481 at version 1.1.2 in folder: C:\Users\Brandon\Documents\Arduino\libraries\arduino_831481 
Using library Wire at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Users\Brandon\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\ATTinyCore\hardware\avr\1.1.1\libraries\Wire 
exit status 1
Error compiling for board ATtiny x5 series.

You're including Wire.h somewhere - maybe in a library? Wire.h only works on chips that have hardware I2C, that's why you have to use TinyWireM instead.

do you have a copy of an LCD sketch i can try ? with just ATtiny Microcontrollers core you wrote
I greatly appreciate your help BTW

What LCD?

What library are you using for the LCD? Libraries need to be modified to use TinyWireM if they normally use Wire. This is real pain in the ass, and is the motivation for Consider "improved" versions of standard libraries (I2C, SPI) · Issue #53 · SpenceKonde/ATTinyCore · GitHub - when that's done, libraries will not need any modification provided they use functionality that can be provided by the hardware. But it's a big job and I haven't had much time to work on it.

If you mean the 1602 or 2004 I2C character LCDs, I have a library modified appropriately, which selects the correct I2C library to use. GitHub - SpenceKonde/LiquidCrystal_I2C_Tiny: Library for the LiquidCrystal LCD display connected to an Arduino board.