TIP120

sorry all i'm haveing a brain fart. I'm useing the TIP120 (BCE) transistor and wanna make sure on the correct way to hook it up. i'm almost positive it is pic 1, please correct me if i'm wrong.

pic1

pic2

Thanks

As the TIP120 is a NPN-device, you need to connect it like shown on pic2.

I don't know what you mean by "TIP120 (BCE)"
There is no such thing as an "BCE"-device. It's an NPN or PNP.

// Per.

Zapro:
I don't know what you mean by "TIP120 (BCE)"

I suspect he means the order of the pins on his chosen package: don't some of the packages have the pins in different order?

JimboZA:
I suspect he means the order of the pins on his chosen package: don't some of the packages have the pins in different order?

They do have different order of the pins, but showing a schematic and not a visual representation of the device, then it makes no sense to mention it.

// Per.

Zapro:
They do have different order of the pins, but showing a schematic and not a visual representation of the device, then it makes no sense to mention it.

// Per.

Good point.... would make sense to say BCE for a Fritzing :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

thankyou, the (BCE) is base, collector, emittor. prob wasnt nessasary to put in but just in case. I did have it as pic 2 to start with and had a brain fart which is why I switched it. this is why I wanted to double check.

thanks again