TLC5940 unstable output voltage

Hi, I start saying that I'm sorry for my not good english.

My problem is: I have 3 TLC5940 daisy chained, I soldered it on a breadboard(but i checked all the connection and there isn't any shorted circuits). When I connect my RGB led to an output pin set to 4095 the led brightness isn't stable and the voltage, too. It's possible that I had broke my TLCs due to any shorted circuits? All the TLCs have the same problem in each output pin.

Tell me if I was not clear. And sorry again.

P.S. I followed this circuit:

You need a 0,1uF ceramic capacitor between the power and ground pins on each TLC 5940 chip.

I tried putting one capacior on one TLC:the TLC with the capacitor continue having the same problem... but the other two TLCs work. Is this normal?

Grumpy_Mike:
on each TLC 5940 chip.

You'd better do what Mike suggested before you ask for more help!

I put the 3 capacitors, but one of those still having the same problem. I used 3 104Z, not 104 if this may change something.

Gian01:
I put the 3 capacitors, but one of those still having the same problem. I used 3 104Z, not 104 if this may change something.

No the Z refers to the tolerance and the exact value is not important.
Keep the capacitors in place. Have you fitted them as close as possible to the power pins and made the leads as short as possible?

It will also be worth putting a large value capacitor, something like a 100uF across the power supply on the bread board.

If you still get problems then post a photo ( not more than 1000 pixels wide ) showing your wiring.

I have connected capacitors like this: Vcc>5v>Capacitor, not Vcc>Capacitor>5v. The capacitors are very close to the power pins.

Grumpy_Mike:
If you still get problems then post a photo ( not more than 1000 pixels wide ) showing your wiring.

You mean a photo of the breadbord or a complete wiring of the TLCs?

You mean a photo of the breadbord or a complete wiring of the TLCs?

Complete.

I’ve attached the schematic, without the capacitors. The power is 5v form a LM7805.

OK it is clear you are not interested in cooperating with me, so I will leave it to some one who can stand the insults better.

I removed the 3 capacitors and I put only one on the main power for the TLCs and... It works!