TMP36 hot

Hi there,

I have tried to get the room temperature by a sensor. I wired it like this

Two or three seconds after I turned the power on it got incredible hot. I even counldn't touch it with my fingers. What have I done wrong

Greetz faxe

That looks like the correct wiring to me.

The most likely ways to make the sensor overheat are applying excessive voltage between Vs and Gnd, or applying reverse voltage between Vs and Gnd or between Vo and Gnd. Once the sensor is damaged, it may overheat even when connected correctly.

Have you checked the connecting wires touching each other (unknowingly). If you have solved the problem, if yes :D ...please share what went wrong. Useful for others too...

Cheers! Chandra