Tmr library issue?

Everything else in this project destined to control a rotary phone is working, but i run into those warnings:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\CallMe\CallMe.ino: In function 'void loop()':

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\CallMe\CallMe.ino:191:30: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

tmrpcm.play("music");

^

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\CallMe\CallMe.ino:211:33: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

tmrpcm.play("BOMB.WAV");

^

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\TMRpcm\TMRpcm.cpp: In member function 'byte TMRpcm::metaInfo(boolean, char*, char*, byte)':

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\TMRpcm\TMRpcm.cpp:1382:18: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

char* datStr = "LIST";

^

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\TMRpcm\TMRpcm.cpp:1383:28: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

if(infoType == 1){datStr = "ID3 "; datStr[3] = 3;}

^

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\TMRpcm\TMRpcm.cpp:1411:42: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

char* tagNames = {"INAM","IART","IPRD"};

^

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\TMRpcm\TMRpcm.cpp:1411:42: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\TMRpcm\TMRpcm.cpp:1431:16: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

tagNames[0] = "TPE1"; tagNames[1] ="TIT2"; tagNames[2] ="TALB";

^

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\TMRpcm\TMRpcm.cpp:1431:38: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

^

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\TMRpcm\TMRpcm.cpp:1431:59: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*' [-Wwrite-strings]

^

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\TMRpcm\TMRpcm.cpp: In member function 'void TMRpcm::finalizeWavTemplate(char*)':

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\TMRpcm\TMRpcm.cpp:1569:65: warning: narrowing conversion of '(fSize >> 16)' from 'long unsigned int' to 'byte {aka unsigned char}' inside { } [-Wnarrowing]

seek(4); byte data[4] = {lowByte(fSize),highByte(fSize), fSize >> 16,fSize >> 24};

^

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\TMRpcm\TMRpcm.cpp:1569:77: warning: narrowing conversion of '(fSize >> 24)' from 'long unsigned int' to 'byte {aka unsigned char}' inside { } [-Wnarrowing]

seek(4); byte data[4] = {lowByte(fSize),highByte(fSize), fSize >> 16,fSize >> 24};

I suspect my TMR library is not intsalled properly, i wanted to uninstall it and reinstall it, but it seems to be difficult. I looked at tutorials, deleted every file regarding this library and re-downloaded it, but still the same issue.

Can somebody help me out reaching the finish line in this project?

louba5:
I suspect my TMR library

There is no "TMR library". It is called TMRpcm. In programming it's essential to be very precise. You'll do well to take the same approach here on the forum. How long does it really take you to type those three extra letters? That tiny effort can save a lot of wasted time and confusion.

louba5:
I suspect my TMR library is not intsalled properly

That's very unlikely to be the cause of the warnings. You should always pay attention to warnings and fix them in your code whenever possible. Unfortunately a lot of Arduino library authors don't hold their work to such high standards. These warnings are annoying but don't always indicate an actual problem. When that's the case, you will need to make the decision whether to fix the warnings or just ignore them.

Also, please post your code.

We can't fix what we can't see.

You can safely ignore those warnings. If you just must get rid of them then cast all those string constants to the right type.

Delta_G:
You can safely ignore those warnings. If you just must get rid of them then cast all those string constants to the right type.

That's what I did and it's all good, thanks for your help!