TMRpcm library produces crackle while playing wav file

Hello,

I would like to play simple wav files using Arduino nano from the SD card. So I downloaded TMRpcm library (older version from 5/2014), adjusted wav file to 32000Hz, 8bit, mono - exactly as the documentation recommended.
Then I modified code below to make it work…

#include <SD.h> // need to include the SD library
//#define SD_ChipSelectPin 53 //example uses hardware SS pin 53 on Mega2560
#define SD_ChipSelectPin 10 //using digital pin 4 on arduino nano 328, can use other pins
#include <TMRpcm.h> // also need to include this library…
#include <SPI.h>

TMRpcm tmrpcm; // create an object for use in this sketch

void setup(){

tmrpcm.speakerPin = 9; //5,6,11 or 46 on Mega, 9 on Uno, Nano, etc

Serial.begin(9600);
if (!SD.begin(SD_ChipSelectPin)) { // see if the card is present and can be initialized:
Serial.println(“SD fail”);
return; // don’t do anything more if not
}
tmrpcm.play(“1.wav”); //the sound file “music” will play each time the arduino powers up, or is reset
}

}

… and then, when I started program, it played the wave file…

The problem was, that it was very noisy. I thought there is a hardware bug or something like that, but it was not. The same problem arose when I uploaded the same project on the another board with the same components.
So I downloaded last TMRpcm library, which was compiled on 13.12.2014. And suddenly the outcome was much better, but not good enough - there is persistent noise (crackle). I think it is a issue of the library.
Moreover I tried also SimpleSDAudio library, and it worked nearly perfectly - without crackle. Unfortunately, this library has its own limitations, so I would like to use TMRpcm library instead. But I have no idea, what is wrong.

Have you suggestions what should I do?

Thanx a lot

So finally I resolved the problem... it was quite simple - in the pcmConfig.h I set the buffer size to 254 and everything ran well.

sending big thanx to myself ;-)