to control valve using arduino

can anyone please tell me that how can i control the diesel supply of a truck .

Define ‘control’. - Scotty

by control i means that how can i regulate its supply or stop it . AND THANX FOR YOUR HELP .

I suggest starting with investigating ball valves, finding one that can handle diesel fuel and fits the physical and financial parameters of your project. Important to consider is the amount of torque required to turn the valve. The simplest solution of a device to turn the valve that can be easily controlled by an Arduino would be a geared servo with more than enough output torque to turn the valve and one that has enough rotation to move the valve to it's extremes. Having that resolved, controlling the position of the valve is very easy in code. Deciding what position the valve should be in based on whatever factors would affect that position might be challenging. - Scotty

sir can i use electromagnet valve for the same purpose .

Hi, Most modern diesels these days have solenoid valves to shut down the diesel flow. A wreckers yard or second hand spares place might help.

Tom.... :)

can i use electromagnet valve for the same purpose

If you are referring to a solenoid valve, then no. You would be able to turn the supply on or off but you would not be able to vary the flow. - Scotty

I'd first want to know a lot more about how the fuel injection system behaves when starved of fuel and whether this could damage the injectors... It all sounds risky to me.

Hi, I agree, injectors are designed for specific pressure, the fuel helps to keep the injector cool and lubricated. Too low a pressure and the spray pattern will not be consistent, so poor burning.

What is your overall application?

but i only planning to totally stop the supply not to vary it with the load

so if it will not work … then what can i try to meet my requirement .

Hi If you only want to stop and start the supply see my suggestion in post #5. There are already electrical automotive diesel cut-out valves.

google diesel cut off solenoid

but i only planning to totally stop the supply not to vary it with the load

That's not what you wrote in reply #2. - Scotty