to small fonts in the prefs and find windows

I think they used to be bigger. The windows size did not change but it seems to me the the legend and the typed text and, perhaps the boxes size too of the 'find' and 'preferences' windows became smaller than the used to be(?)

Thanks for any help

The latest IDE 1.8.0 had a font issue and it seems it was fixed by the 1.8.1 release / patch

Only guessing what you have as you didnt say.

If it weren't solved, apparently some people found a workaround (there was a thread about it some days ago). Have to check it out on my Windows system; on my Mac there is no such issue with 1.8.0.

Thanks, I'm still on 1.6.5 and it happened all of a sudden and with the same eyeglasses :)

Does anything else look out of place size or font wise ? You can always open the preferences file to double check nothing has changed.

File Preferences

I cannot remember if 1.6.5 had scaling option ?

Maybe a windows thing ? again a guess as not a lot of details were given.

If it is windows then maybe a driver update for the graphics card ?

as before, win 8.1 screen 1920x1080 attaching capture of the whole working window with the find box

Ballscrewbob: Does anything else look out of place size or font wise ? You can always open the preferences file to double check nothing has changed.

File Preferences

I cannot remember if 1.6.5 had scaling option ?

Nothing changed in prefs nor in windows (well nothing I'd have done) and what is this scaling option? does it allow to improve visualization?

restored to last auto restore point of Jan 3, all back to order. Thanks Ballscrewbob, Thanks rpt007. Luckily I saved all work done on the sketch on the cloud

One of the reasons I like the Arduino CREATE

BTW if it was a driver update that caused it (probably Nvidia) then get the proper driver from the manufacturer site and never accept a video driver update from MS as they are a known issue. Supposed to be the same as the MF but often have been changed slightly by MS.

The AMD graphics drivers are a tint bit better but still prone to issues if they come from MS.

If its anyone elses graphics drivers I feel for you..no I really do...One day you could graduate to a real graphics card unless its a lappy then ouch.

Ballscrewbob:
One of the reasons I like the Arduino CREATE

I was thinking of migrating to cloud development is CREATE a mature system?

Supposed to be the same as the MF but often have been changed slightly by MS.

MF? what is this
Mine is Intel
Yes I have a “lappy”

BTW, MS says

“System Restore does not affect any of your documents, pictures, or other personal data”

This wrong! my sketch reverted the state it had at the restore point!

as I said I saved my work on the cloud…

Hi Guy_c

MF = manufacturer
Intel graphics certainly not the best of the bunch but as its a lappy then if you have the option ( some lappy’s do ) then an upgrade to the card can pay off pretty big dividends.

System restore does and can change some aspects of data but a lot of that depends on how the OS was set up. From a PC perspective I always use an OOBE split install which means my data is never touched as it resides on another drive.
Whenever anyone brings in a laptop that is corrupted and past its sell by date First thing I offer after recovery of data is a full wipe of the hard drive and a fresh install without all the crud. I set up a decent size C partition for the OS and the rest as a D partition for users folders and data.

You could maybe try set the sketches location elsewhere to try avoid that issue in the future. A lot of us do that regardless of OS.

Create is semi mature but undergoing strong development. There is a forum section (3 actually) devoted to the topic so maybe take a peek in there to see whats happening.