Too long filenames in SAMD board package

Copying packages to other locations causes problems in Windows 10 because some filenames have nearly the maximum length of 260 characters:
C:\Users\Albert\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1\arm-none-eabi\include\c++\4.8.3\ext\pb_ds\detail\cc_hash_table_map_\constructor_destructor_no_store_hash_fn_imps.hpp

Copying is needed for making backups etc. So, can we make the filenames be made shorter?

I agree in general it's very annoying when that happens and that filename is ridiculously long but it's a part of GCC so there's really nothing Arduino could do about it. There's also no reason for you to back up anything in Arduino15 folder except for preferences.txt. If anything happened to any of the files in that folder you can just reinstall via Boards Manager.

I understand that Windows 10 has the option of turning off the maximum path length limitation. So you might want to look into how to do that. Windows seems to just get worse on every new version so I'm happy to see there's some improvement to look forward to when I'm finally forced to update.